Szetela to Europe a near lock.. but Lazio?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jul 27, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It's all over the domestic press {read everything with a grain of salt, except Ives Galarcep.. take his as a cattle lick}

But Shep Messing is really pressing hard on the good press he got in the U-20's.

You can look on the Crew BS forum for the inevitable negative view.

Here is an assortment of articles

And one from BBC

I think he needs one more year here... he'll get off to a faster start wt more money if he proves he's worth it.

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

very interesting. when was the last time an Italian team had interest in an American? anyone know?

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The only reason that I'd advise Danny to make his move now is because of his injury history. I agree with 'fog that playing another year in the MLS -- especially with the lineup the squad has now -- would make him "more ready for prime time," but I'd hate to see him make that decision and then get injured again.

Wasn't just the good "press" either. Szetela looked every bit the hard, committed midfielder with a good touch and good vision. In other words, just what everyone said he'd be when he was 16.

Mini-hijack here -- what we saw in Canada should result in some serious props for our youth coaching at the national level. In addition to their talent, our guys looked so comfortable on the international stage. Very impressive.

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I don't know it seems to me he's gone backwards or stayed stagnant at best in the past two seasons. Every time I see with the U20's I'm impressed, every time I see with the Crew he looks like he's got shackles on. I think a move at this point will have a Convey affect. He's coming off a good U-20 tournament and that's why the offers are there. A year from now he won't be in the national team and will all but be forgotten about in Europe. He passed on Europe once I don't think he can afford to do it twice. Make the move Dannyboy!

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

That because you're using the long term template Spencer... THIS season, he looks MUCH better with the team, and his play stands out IF you isolate on him.

Sigi has gone out of his way to praise his progress, and it reflects. The pretty boy hair is gone and he looks like the terrier he first showed promise of.