Don't talk about the Ryder Cup....

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by GaryBarnettFanClub, Sep 29, 2006.

1. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I can't belive that I have just spent 4 hours reading this site. It is fantastic to see so many Fulham fans in the US and all over the world.

I have been a Fulham fan from the moment I was born, inherited from my father. The first game I went to was in 1977 with George Best playing (I was 3 and have no memory of it). I remember going in the early 80's with Dean Coney and Gordon Davies being my first heros. Gary Barnett was also a big favourite with whole hearted performances and a touch of pace.

For those that have never been to the Cottage it is magical. The best way to approach the ground is a gentle walk through Bishops park from Putney Bridge, especially in April when promotion is in the bag. The most impressive thing is the Johny Haynes (Stevenage Road) stand. The facarde is amazing. I hope that those making the trip over will have a fantastic time.

COYW

Kind regards, Stu.

2. BC

BC New Member

RE: Don

Welcome to Fulham USA Stu! I can't wait to get to London and visit the Cottage. I just became a Fulham fan after a year "supporting" Man Utd. I'm so thankful for this site; it secured my decision to support Fulham for life.

COME ON FULHAM!

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Welcome to the site, I have been a Fulham supporter for a couple of years now. I havent been to the Cottage yet but look foward going someday.

4. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I was in Ireland for the Ryder Cup.

Just recovered from my hangover, I think.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Glen, did you actually go to the Ryder Cup? I just read a few weeks ago that the Ryder Cup is coming to Medinah, the suburbs of Chicago, in 2012. I am going to try to go.

6. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Tom, I'll see you at it. I aready have mobilzed my relatives in chicago to organize accomodation and I am getting tickets for me and the old man.