Donovan Returns to Everton

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by MisterF, Dec 15, 2011.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Looks likes it's a two month loan. Really excited to see him return and am anxious to see if he lives up to last time.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... month-loan

This could have been in the works for a while but I think it's interesting considering the comments from Friedel recently. He might have a chip on his shoulder. Either way it's great for US soccer.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, it is good for US supporters. Not so sure it's great for us Fulham supporters.

I wish Howard and Donovan well...just hope their team gets less points than Fulham. :D

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Ha, this is great. One of his games will be against spurs. If I'm not going to get to see the USA v Egypt, Landy vs Friedel in the premier league is the next best thing. Hope Landy buries one against Brad and his big mouth.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This was always on the card. He didn't do it last season because he had no break at all with the World Cup. It was pretty much odds on that he'd be back with Moyes. Everton needs him, and Moyes lets his players express themselves.

Donovan was a disciplined contributer to everyting Everton did. Glad to be able to watch him on a weekly basis for a couple of months. Then he can go back to the minor leagues.

5. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Has anyone heard when Donovan will be seeing his first action? According to his Twitter feed, he made his way over a few days ago.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.insidesocal.com/soccer/2011/ ... y-fir.html

may get some playing time this Sunday against West Brom.

7. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Thanks! Would be great to see him get in.

8. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Sounds like Donovan will get the start against Bolton this afternoon.

9. Clevelandmo

And Timmy Howard is single-handedly beating Bolton with some fantastic saves and the only goal thUs far.

TIMMY HOWARD, TIMMY HOWARD :bow-yellow:

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think you jinxed him. :D

Everton were poor in the second half, injuries didn't help 'em though.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Donovan looked quick, fast, and sharp. If it hadn't been for the three key injuries and the hurricane, I think they beat Bolton easily. They'll finish above us and Donovan will have a good couple of months.

12. Clevelandmo

HatterD I completely agree. Donovan had a very good debut considering he conditions. ? is did he dive or not?

13. Clevelandmo

It's always somebodies fault on this messageboard. But did I jinx him because of my post or because I stopped watching the match. :confusion-helpsos:

And Tim Howard is complete class for the way he handled his goal is he not? Didnt celebrate at all.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Not for my eyes, Mo. He was clear through on goal and the ball was within his reach. There's nothing to gain by falling. Thing is, he was moving so quickly it didn't take much of a touch to fell him.

It's a thang. I don't think I'd have given a penalty.

15. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I couldn't care less about Donovan in the Prem. Perhaps if there weren't other Americans plying their trade there full time it might be some sort of barometer. But since he's done this before and we know he's going back to LA after a couple of months, it's about the equivalent of an exhibition or friendly for me.

Amazing goal by Tim though.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I agree with you somewhat about Donovan to Everton. I really couldn't care where he plays, I only like him when he wears a US uniform. I wish him well in his soccer endeavors, but not his club(s). I'll take the opposing view Don and MO, I think we can finish ahead of Everton, depends on who stays or goes for both teams. But I like Fulham's squad better.

Not sure about the amazing goal part. It was freakish for the most part, the ball bounced very high in the air and the wind took care of the rest. Thus no real celebration from Howard, which was very appropriate of him. Class.

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Landon with yet another assist in Everton's win.

18. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

L.A. will never sell - but Everton would be foolish not to put in a bid.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, you're right Nev. And I now take back what I said earlier in the thread, Everton will definitely will finish above us. I really hope Pog can come through, but I have my doubts he'll make the adjustments to the Prem quick enough. Just a feeling though, maybe he'll be an ok goal threat afterall? :pray:

20. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Yea for sure. It's incredible how quickly he's been able to fit in on both loans. I would love to see what he could do over an entire season.