Diana inquest verdict

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Apr 7, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Only of interest here because of MAF connection.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/04 ... topstories

quote:

After the verdict had been returned, Lord Stevens, who investigated the crash for the British police during an earlier inquiry, said it had been an unprecedented inquest and that he hoped that those killed would now be allowed to rest.

"There have been a number of allegations which have been unfortunate," said Stevens, referring to the conspiracy theories raised during the inquest by lawyers for Mohammed al Fayed, father of Dodi. "I just hope this can bring closure to what has been a traumatic event for a lot of people."

But a spokeswoman for al Fayed said that he felt vindicated by the jury's verdict and that he was shocked that senior members of the British royal family, French police, pathologists and the paparazzi among others had not been compelled to give evidence.

Al Fayed, who was present for the verdict, said of the couple: "I will always mourn their loss to me and to the world," reported his spokeswoman.

2. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I'm convinced that all those calls that we didn't get this year were retribution from the Royal Family for MAF's comments in the media and his campaign to find out what really happened to his son that night. It is just a theory. ;-)