1. dneville80

dneville80 Member

I kind of hope it's for my hometown Union lol. He is a Jersey guy after all.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

One could take a lesson from Brad Friedel. Kasey Keller did it right, whereas Brad was a tad overripe, and suffered from unreal expectations - both in goal and career movement - when he came back.
    Come on back, NOW Timmeh!
    As for Brad... meh!

dneville80 likes this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Chelsea likely to sign Matt Miazga. He's only 20, so will probably be loaned out for a season or two, Wouldn't it be wise to loan him to a club that is close to the Dogtrack and where the kid won't even have to move? :cool:

http://www.espnfc.us/new-york-red-b...zga-set-to-join-chelsea-of-the-premier-league

Interesting comments from McBride on the above link as it pertains to MLS contracts and the league's willingness or lack thereof to sell.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think we'll never see Matt playing a match in London.

5. SoCalJoe

Sending props out to Christian Pulisic for making his debut with Borussia Dortmund. The kid is from Hershey PA and only 17 years old. Obviously the youngster is making a splash on the reserve teams at Dortmund. It must of been a rush to play in front of 80,000 for him and by all accounts he held his own.

jumpkutz likes this.
  6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Which begs the question: Why hasn't he gotten a look see from Herr Klinsmann?

7. SoCalJoe

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Bobby Wood and Fabian Johnson scored this weekend.

Alejandro Bedoya has been on fire lately and recorded an assist (I think he had scored in each of his previous two or two of his last three games coming into this weekend).

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and speaking of Matt Miazga, he got to take a trip to Paris today. On the bench but not featured for The Undead against Paris St. Germain.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Pulisic's first start was today; I haven't heard how the lad did, but this is good.

Miazga on the bench again for The Scum in the FA Cup joke match against the Man City Youth Squad.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Many of you may remember that I was very much impressed with young Carter-Vickers in the kiddies World Cup last year. This was the giant Tottenham CB who was also a goal threat -- with his feet! I said at the time that I thought he'd probably find a future as a Yaya Toure type midfielder. Anyhow, the guy was only 17 and disappeared into Tottenham's development crew until today [as far as I can tell]. He was on the sub's bench in Dortmund. He stayed there, so had little to do with the 3-0 spanking the Spuds took on the day.

Anyhow, remember this kid's name. He's going to be a very good pro, in my always humble opinion.

13. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

He captains their U-21 team routinely and made their Europa Leagues roster this spring (he has dressed in a couple other games as well prior to the Dortmund game).

14. SoCalJoe

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Wish him the best, he was definitely one of DC's better players. Getting the feeling it's going to be an off year for United.

16. SoCalJoe

Matt Miazga got a full match in for Chelsea in their 4-0 thrashing of Aston Villa. The Villains are historically bad, and I'm not sure if Brad Guzan's confidence can ever be rebuilt.

More bad news for Aron Johannsson. Shut down and traveling to Iceland to further rehab, any hope of AJ coming to Copa America camp is probably out the window. http://www.espnfc.com/werder-bremen...emens-aron-johannsson-to-rehab-hip-in-iceland

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Whaaaaaaaa? After the fact, I clicked on BBC football to see if he made the bench. I didn't see his name in the list of bench sitters and figured he watched from the stands!

18. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I watched a good chunk of this one. Granted, they were playing Villa, but I thought he acquitted himself quite well. Time will tell, but I don't think the new gaffer will want to reverse course on Terry. They seem set for life without him. Can't say I'll miss the SOB.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

SoCalJoe likes this.