Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by IanHux, Aug 4, 2009.

1. IanHux

IanHux New Member

This past thursday I had the joy of getting my wisdom teeth yanked out of my jaws. All I have to say is that I love the person who discovered how to safely use anesthetics. The first couple days were bothersome being only able to eat soups and mashed good not to mention popping vicodin every few hours. But now after three? days, I seem to be recovering wonderfully. I no longer look like a chubby kid and for that I am very happy. I even happier for the fact that I NEVER have to go through it again.

Anybody else have such an enjoyable experience with said teeth? Or perhaps a horrific one (which are sadly more enjoyable to hear about)?

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I, like thousands my age, had traumatic experience at the dentist as a kid. Like I just said yesterday to my new dentist*, I equate the chair to a waterboard: Certain I could survive but a point of dread, nonetheless. Long story short, I'm alright once I'm in the chair but hate it so much I put off visits till i cant stand it anymore.

I recall getting my lower right wisdom out, especially. I was given a local but the sucker was determined to stay put so I was in the chair trying to concentrate on pleasant things while the dental surgeon crunched, yanked and twisted and commented on the process to someone... it seemed like an eternity but I consoled myself with the idea that it really was happening quickly and would soon be over.

The tone of the conversation shifted though and there were various comments in female voices.. different ones, I finally noticed. I opened my eyes and saw about FIVE dental assistants clustered around watching. Apparently I was a 'stoic', comparatively.

Sidenote: This was over forty years ago and for some reason I sched'd the operation at same time as my then-gf. All this time I could hear her yelling and screaming in room down the hall. She was getting a filling.

Didnt surprise me a bit when I learned years later she got full dentures as soon as possible. I felt the same way intellectually, but dentists always nixed the plan. Last time was yesterday, BTW.*

- - - - - -- -
    Sidenote 2: My new dentist is Chinese. He used hypnosis to relax me. I dunno if it really worked {having been hypnotised before and knowing that it depends on desire to 'play along'} bu tI got summat more relaxed, I think.

He ALSO read my 'chi'. Got it wrong... suggested I had hip and knee problems. I dont. Not even an occasional twinge. At least I dont YET.. hope like hell chi isnt a forecasting energy.

OTOH, my wife has both. And I am apparently an 'Empath'.. often had symptoms of her pain before she told me about them.