Winter signings?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dneville80, Jan 25, 2016.

1. dneville80

dneville80 Member

What do you guys/gals think of this defender that may be signing shortly. Michael Madl. I saw he is 6ft0in and him hoping that he is a tough sob. I like nasty CBs during corners. I can't find to much about him.

Also how about the latest link to Sidwell returning? I'm kind of happy about it as I'm not to big on O'Hara myself.

My apologies if there is already a thread I didn't see one

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Never heard of him (Madl) either. I always liked Sidders (except for his red cards), but if he comes back Hyndman will get less playing time probably and I'm not a fan of that.

3. dneville80

dneville80 Member

Me either, I'd like to see Hyndman get as much playing time as possible. I'd love the chance to loan in Zardes from Galaxy even if it's just a few months. Maybe hen go after him in a perm deal later.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Hyndman needs to see the pitch for the remainder of the season, agree with the others.
    I'm a no to Sidwell at this time - we already have his type of player in Parker.
    Zardes is interesting speculation - probably would never happen, but he could add pace and a scoring threat. More likely, (as in 1% as opposed to 0.5%), Jordan Morris. I think Mr. Morris could step into a Championship level club, i.e., our Whites, and fit in. He has international experience so he's not some schlep coming into the fray.
    I'm sure there are other European-based attackers that the club is looking at, and to their identities, I don't know. Both Zardes and Morris would be unproven, to an extent, but it's just rumors and speculation which is fun.
    COYW

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

6. jumpkutz

7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

The transfer embargo is going to severely limit our ability to bring players in. It would make a Zardes move impossible b/c MLS is going to want a bigger fee than we're allowed to spend.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2793926/brighton-add-steve-sidwell-on-loan-from-stoke

Looks like we dodged that bullet. Stoke would have practically had to pay him to play for us with the embargo, so no surprise Brighton beat us out.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

How about this name from the past; Ol' Jordan Rhodes (he's not old, only 25) who Fulham was linked to on numerous occasions in previous seasons is close to a move from Blackburn to Middlesborough (according to Sky). Boro is only signing one striker so hope for our sake it's Rhodes.

9. AggieMatt

Well, word is we shot down Ross's transfer request (no link).

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

11. AggieMatt

Couldn't they say the same about us (Parker, Stalteri, Holtby)?

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and Captain Danny

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-true-word-keeps-10811667?

14. jumpkutz

15. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

16. dneville80

dneville80 Member

Hope both deals for Ross and Dembele fall apart. Can't afford to lose either one of them right now. I'm guess it's just easier for Spurs to scout players in their backyard then it is to go scout good young players elsewhere lol.

17. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/01/labyad-in-on-loan

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

20. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Labyad seems like a potentially exciting player. I wonder if he'll end up playing wide or through the middle. I couldn't possibly know less about all three of the new signings, but I sure hope they can bring some energy to this team.

We have a really tough run of games in Feb: Derby, QPR, Leeds, and Middlesbrough are all very difficult games. If we don't pick up some points, the threat of relegation could become very real.