Who here thinks working the day before Thanksgiving sucks?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by omsdogg, Nov 22, 2006.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Raise your hand.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Who here thinks working the day before Thanksgiving suck

My hand is raised. Here is what pisses me off more than anything.....here at my company, they are letting everyone leave at 3PM. Now for those like me who get in at 7AM, I normally leave at 3:30PM. So, I get to leave a half hour early, but for those who get here at 9AM and normally leave at 5:30PM, they get off 2.5 hours early.

Earlier this year I proposed to my boss that everyone get off two hours before their supposed to. Thus, I would leave at 1:30, those who leave at 5:00PM would get off at 3PM, etc. However, it was turned down.

I then asked if I could just come in later those days and I was told I would have to use my personal time for the time I miss after 7AM until I get to the office.

Now, once again, I am not complaining about leaving early, but I just wish the rules were fair where everyone got to leave early by the same two hours.

As for my clients, none are in the office and I have spent more time on this board and other websites today than I have in quite some time. Thumbs down to work today!

3. RDG

RDG Member

Pick me, Monty!!!

Used to be that we could leave about three o'clock on days before holidays. BUT, after we got new "masters", we also have to punch in and out -- very Dickensian, I think, as I hadn't clocked in and out since my summer jobs during high school and college.

Anyway,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

5. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

THe day before sucks, but what's even worse is both my parents in law had to work the day after. Is nothing sacred? I told my first boss here that if he made me work the day after Christmas that he'd never forget the decision. He didn't. I stole 3 of his clients and I'm currently after number 4...he says, twisting his eveil moustach.