Villa Owner finally to rehab Browns

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 30, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

He toyed with the cloned Browns franchise but got it near dead on right with Aston Villa, now he has fired the Browns GM and relieved Crennel of his misery.

Can he get it right this time? This guy doesnt think so.

Of course, NFL lemmings are much like 'footy' mavens; they refuse to see that sport management is just that. The same management philosophy that brought Villa back to life will do it for the Browns.
    Difference and disadvantage is that, as Don pointed out, Martin O'Neill was the best manager not working. Bill Cowher is far and away the best coach not working but turned Lerner down flat.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Too bad about Cowher, but he's been soiled by that greasy Steelers organization anyway. Like everything else with Cleveland I will keep my fingers crossed that Lerner can make it happen this time.

Go Browns!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

New Browns motto: "Shut Up You Guys; We're Better Than the Lions"

4. pettyfog

Uh... no! The motto of the recently fired Browns GM was: "I'm WAY better than Matt Millen, arent I?"

Why you make me dispute you again!
    :?

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

OK Mo, I'll take your bait :twisted:

Actually, I won't. When the Steelers are consistently one of the model franchises in the NFL, when another year of 12-4 is in the books, when a realistic chance of winning the Super Bowl -- AGAIN -- is in front of them, and when the Clowns are in such an entropied, disheveled, pathetic state, when I think even the Lions could take them if they were to play this weekend, when Clowns fans such as my cousin are reduced to giving me grief about bad years in the Reagan administration, smack talking from the Clowns fans is too insignificant a smudge of bird poop on a car windshield to keep the Steelers from barreling down the expressway at 70 miles an hour to even give the Clowns an iota of thought after we abused them YET AGAIN this weekend.

But you did do us a favor. You kept Bruce Gradkowski employed :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't even know he was still in the NFL.

6. pettyfog

What Steve said... sorta. Much as I hate the stillers, I admire their success and ownership.. and their QB.

And right after I slammed the Browns numbskull fans for picturing LErner as 'deer in the headlights' and lauded him for success at Villa.. saying success in Prem is just as difficult as NFL... well, THEN, I thought about the OTHER yank owners in the Prem, and where their teams sit.

Hmmm.. maybe it really IS harder to own an NFL team.

ADDED: Just glommed on the very real possibility that at the end of season the top 4 in the Prem might be owned by Yanks and a Russian.

Oh, MY!!!

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Funny Mo, my wife who lives and dies w/the Steelers said pretty much the same thing, except of course which of the two are the 'greasy organization' :roll: She's beyond relieved Cowher isn't ruining his Steeler legacy.

One of the great things about the NFL (putting your opinions of the game itself aside) is the eternal hope fans have. The Dolphins went 1-15 last season and now are hosting a playoff game this weekend. It can be turned around Lerner just needs to find the right guy (I'd hire the NY Giants D coordinator).

8. jmh

jmh New Member

You shouldn't do that, he's awful.

:wink: