1. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

USA faces off against the Germans on Saturday.

Korea and Cameroon are also in our group.

I have no idea who is on this team. :|

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

They will be on ESPN Classic on Saturday.

Date Opponent Time (ET) TV Venue
    Sept. 26 Germany 10 a.m. ESPN Classic/Galavision Mubarak Stadium; Suez
    Sept. 29 Cameroon 12:45 p.m. ESPN2/Galavision Mubarak Stadium; Suez
    Oct. 2 Korea Republic 12:45 p.m. ESPN2/Galavision Mubarak Stadium; Suez

Here is the roster:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Sean Johnson (Central Florida; Lilburn, Ga.), Josh Lambo (FC Dallas; Middleton, Wis.), Brian Perk (UCLA; Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (5): Gale Agbossoumonde (Miami FC; Syracuse, N.Y.), Kyle Davies (FC Dallas; Danville, Calif.), Aaron Maund (Notre Dame; Dorchester, Mass.), Ike Opara (Wake Forest; Durham, N.C.), Sheanon Williams (Unattached; Boston, Mass.)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Bryan Arguez (Hertha Berlin, Miami), Danny Cruz (Houston Dynamo; Glendale, Ariz.), Mikkel Diskerud (Stabaek; Oslo, Norway), Dilly Duka (Rutgers; Montville, N.J.), Jorge Flores (Chivas USA; Anaheim, Calif.), Jared Jeffrey (Club Brugge; Richardson, Texas), Gerson Mayen (Chivas USA; Los Angeles), Brian Ownby (Virginia; Glen Allen, Va.), Dillon Powers (Notre Dame; Plano, Texas), Michael Stephens (UCLA; Naperville, Ill.)

FORWARDS (3): Peri Marosevic (FC Dallas; Rockford, Ill.), Brek Shea (FC Dallas; College Station, Texas), Tony Taylor (Miami FC; Jacksonville, Fla.)

Looks like Dillon Powers went to my old high school and is the son of former Dallas Sidekick Mike Powers.

As for the players I am the most eager to see: Mikkel Diskerud, Jared Jeffrey and Brek Shea.

Finally, FC Dallas has a lot of these guys on their roster.

3. IanHux

IanHux New Member

I'm looking forward to seeing Peri Marosevic and Bryan Arguez. Well.... I'm just excited to see what these boys can do. Despite the negativity some people have about this roster, I think they'll do very very well.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We're playing in Palestine? :shock:

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Watch out for the burgeoning soccer superpower of Tahiti in group B. First they took down New Zealand, next the world baby!

On a sad note, our draw sucks.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

After getting slapped around by the Germans 3-0, we rebounded today and put a hurt on Cameroon 4-0.

Four different goal scores: Arquez, Taylor, Duka, and Ownby!

Way to pick yourselves up, lads!

7. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Looks like Cameroon have mastered the Lawrie Sanchez high defensive line. Fish in a barrell.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

that goal by Duka was top drawer. You could see on the replay he was sizing up the keeper and his positioning and that was definitely a shot, not a cross.

10. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Was it a Dilly of a shot??