Traveling Team

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Jul 8, 2006.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Zack, you mentioned a 7 a side tourney in Orlando.

I'd be interested to know more about that, or any other chance to get our local scrappers together for a competitive match, or just an opportunity to do our impersonation of an organized team. We're mid-20's to mid-40's, European, Latino and American, and we are considering heading to Atlanta, Savannah, Charleston, and Tallahassee for the away part of home and away series of matches.

Anyone who may have info about some competition, please let me know.

Cheers!

2. Zack

Zack New Member

Hello....yeah in January I started playing in the Central Florida Soccer League (primarily an adult league)...and after being on the team or the only keeper whichever...some of the guys on my team asked me to play in Disney's 7 a side tourney at the Wide World of Sports venue. Don't know if you have been there, but fields are usually in tip-top shape (Disney has enough money to keep it pristine!).....but the Tampa Bay Bucs train there as do the Atlanta Braves....really nice facility...not just soccer fields....as mentioned baseball fiedls galore, track&field, basketball courts.

I played in some tourney's there w/ my youth club teams, and its good place to play...the link here http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/ ... stingPage2

should take you to the site, if not, in a google search or whatever type in "Disney Wide World of Sports" and it should take you there....click on soccer and at the bottom of the page it has the information on the 7 a side tourney....hope this helps, i'll find out more tomorrow at my practice....take care!

Zack

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Thank you. Look forward to more info.