the championship

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Sep 22, 2014.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, in a little while I'll be checking Wigan out on beIN sports, and it got me wondering if I'm the only one who regularly watches Championship football on TV or on line. This will be my 5th match this season, and -- except for the Fulham matches -- I've enjoyed most of them. There are poor teams, but there are also 6-8 sides who could compete in the Prem. Conversely, my 5-7 Premier League matches per weekend, is down to about 1 or 2. this past weekend, I only watched about 60 minutes total.

As far as the championship goes, I've been very impressed with Forest and Derby County. I think that Birmingham City. Leeds, and a couple of others would have finished below us even if I were managing Fulham.

So, is anyone else watching our league?

2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Some, but not as much as you seem to. One thing that has struck me is that I don't get the claims that this is a much more physical league.

Owing to lesser athleticism, I think some rough contact isn't as well disguised and does take place a little more often. However, you don't see the downright muggings in the box that you see in the Prem.

I'm still more interested in and watch more of the Premier League but the Championship has cut into that a little.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

My watching of both has dropped significantly, but I'm finding myself enjoying the league much more as a whole.

Compared to the EPL, it's much more competitive. Second, there are games like every 2-3 days. Third, a majority of the players look like either hip bartenders or baristas (with their sleeve(s) of tattoos and unkempt beards)

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I've followed the scores / table for years, but don't tend to view or listen to many matches unless, gulp, it now involves Fulham. Just a time constraint thing that limits my ability to watch/listen and not any prejudice.

COYW

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I started a couple of seasons ago to keep track of Americans at that level, now I'm kind of getting addicted to it. I just wish we weren't always at the whim of beIN sports. They have the same problem that FSC Channel had for a while. When FSC had only one channel and also broadcast matches from Argentina, Spain, Scotland, and Italy, it was hard to catch Fulham matches. Same with beIN. They cover several other leagues, and a choice between scheduling Fulham, Real, or PSG is pretty much a no brainer.

Oh, I also LOVE the single voice in commentary box