Sol Campbell signs for Notts County

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by nmancini04, Aug 25, 2009.

1. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

any crazier than a full international centre-back named Chris Coleman signing for third-tier Fulham? Those of you who were late to the Fulham party should watch Notts County over the next few seasons to see how Fulham came from almost losing their league position and their ground to playing in Europe.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

True, but A) 32 caps for Wales isn't the same thing as 73 caps for England, and B) Coleman dropped down two divisions, Campbell is dropping down three.

Of course, Campbell is 34 and Coleman was 27.

4. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I also said "crazy," not "unprecedented."

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Well, in a bit of stunning news :shock: Sol has quit (by mutual consent) Notts County after one match. Of course the fact that Sol lasted that long is more of a shock. I guess Sol realized that losing to Morecambe 1-2 was not his cup of tea.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As I've pointed out elsewhere this morning, Sol probably discovered the facts of live of football in England's lower two tiers:

fact 1: you get the crap kicked out of you for 90 minutes
    fact 2: the ref is NOT going to protect you.

Look for him to wind up with Godfather 'arry's North London Mafia very soon.

7. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I read somewhere that he can't sign with another club until January. It will be interesting to see what he does.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

and Woy says he has no interest in him

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Sol appears to be in training with the Arsenal in hopes of regaining fitness and eventually signing, which prompts a question. "Does Arse getting the Ass" redundant, an oxymoron, or both ?? :roll: