1. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Poor Brazilian Gene Hackman. I'd like to think that last-minute goal at the Cottage had a little something to do with the continuation of the circus that is Chelsea.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

You know, Scolari drops more class into the toilet bowl each morning than Chelsea has in their whole sorry organization. They did him a favor.

That said, his tactics sure didn't help him much -- to parrot Josh, thanks for not putting anyone on the back post at the Cottage, Mr. Hackman, or he clears Deuce's header off the line pretty easily.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Does our boy Steve have a turn of phrase, or what? :lol:

5. Bradical

Bradical Member

Chelsea is officially off the reservation for this move. I fully expect (a la Steinbrenner/Billy Martin in the '80s) for Avram Grant to be re-hired and subsequently fired during the hiring press conference.

6. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

LOL Bradical!

Holy snikies Batman! I didn't expect this so soon. Adams yes, but not Scolari.

Ok, so I am now praying that Wenger will take this oppty. to starting winning and take Chelsea out of the Champions league for next year.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Screw Arsenal; if anyone does that I hope it's Everton. TIMMY!

8. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Either one is ok by me. Everton would be preferred but less likely I think.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The difference is that those two idiots were united in one very important thing -- they loved the New York Yankees more than anything else in the world. I don't think you could say the same about Abramovich, Grant, and Chelsea.

The biggest reason Chelsea are where they are in the league and cups? It's not Scolari, or Abramovich, or any player on their squad. They have NEVER recovered from the loss of Michael Essian -- when fit, the very best player in the Prem, bar none. If Essian is playing, Liverpool is no better than third.

10. Bradical

Bradical Member

Good point Don - but I would add that there is quite a bit of "the ghost of Jose" drama going on as well, dividing loyalties and players yearning for the days of Mourninho. Essien is definitely on the short list of the elite players in the world, and is the most versatile of those.

I can't wait until this stuff starts to happen at Man U, after Sir Alex resigns due to jaw cancer.

11. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

......or cirrhosis of the liver.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

When the Big Four start to fall apart when SAF retires and Wenger goes to coach the French national team (isn't that inevitably going to happen at some point) and Chelsea implodes from their own arrogance and Liverpool realize they just aren't that good, if Fulham aren't going to step into the void, it wouldn't be so bad if Villa or Everton did so. Better them than al-Citeh or Wet Spam or Sunderland or Wigan anyway.

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Sven Goran Eriksson will be available on Thursday....

14. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't know if I'd go that far. I think he keeps his job with a close loss tomorrow, but only if Mexico then beats Costa Rica on 3/28 and Honduras on 4/1. Fewer than six points from the first three matches and I'd say he's out.

15. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

The 3-0 defeat will be the last nail in the coffin.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

rumors abound that Guus Hiddink is on his way to SW6.

Evidently Trevor Francis recommended Roy for the job!

17. Bradical

Bradical Member

ESPN is reporting that Chelsea's last 3 managers (Jose, Grant, Scolari) have/will cost the club 40M pounds - Scoalri himself costing 15M lbs.

Must be nice to live in a world where money isn't real.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

I will hunt Trevor Francis down and kill him. :x :twisted:

19. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Nothing about that club is real. It's all built on a foundation of money that will go away like beach sand when the tide goes out.

Don was right on a big point -- neither Abramovich, most of the players (excepting possibly their captain, when you roll around with the pigs you attract a lot of filth), not Scolari or Mourinho, none of them love Chelski. It's just an opportunity to them.

You know how when some of the idiots that make the NFL or NBA get rich, than get in trouble for whatever it is they get in trouble for, how when they signed their contract there is a clock ticking for them to be broke again? Like how for someone like that cornerback from the Dallas Cowboys, that clock is down to zero? I think Chelski is in the same time zone. How long until their clock says bzzzzt, you've burned through all your money and resources, you're done.

20. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member