Recap after Two in / bitchin and moanin....

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Aug 22, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

which is why you wont see me on the offal board, except during games.

I suggest any and all of you who can, watch the replay of the Blackburn game.
    and WATCH CLOSELY!
    You will surely see some defensive lapses and a few other things to criticize, as well.. but you WONT see any way those two goals could have been prevented - not realistically, that is.

Even Knight made what looked to me a defensive error on a crossing ball, in one case that didnt result in goal but, on backing up, there wasnt anything else he might have done as to do so would have left his mark open.

I am looking forward to Goma coming back in... and perhaps Boca being given a chance alongside him. But, after two games, I cant really say his absence has hurt us.

What IS needed is better form in the attacking zone. McBride has gotten lucky lately.. rather has made his own luck; but that wont continue.. esp when we need 2 to 3 goals against the bigger clubs.

He can hold his own against any defense since he will exploit their emphasis on marking him up by laying off to others. Thing is the others have to be there.
    - - - -- -
    On the general POV, Whining about Cookie's tactics and MAF's purse serves no purpose. This is a good side.
    Mistakes will be made and games lost because of them but it takes luck or some part of it to end up top of table and as long as Fulham take one game at a time and learn from it, we will end up at a reasonable place, next May.

Meantime... a pox on all the crepe-hangers on the Offal. {Why is there no middle finger smiley on here?}
    I wonder if it's the footie they love or the joy of disappointment.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I will say that the two goals Blackburn scored were both unreal! Especially Tugay's volley. There were other parts of the highlights I saw where Blackburn was more deserving to score, but the two they did score were goal of the year candidates.

We have a decent team, but we cannot get mired into a relegation battle this early. I was hoping for a strong start to the season to get that off the player's minds, but that looks like it will not be the case. Somehow we have to get a result against Arsenal or at home against Everton this Saturday. We need three points my friends!!