Practice Match: Fulham 3 - Crawley Town 1

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Jul 20, 2015.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Here are the highlights from the practice match with Crawley Town:

Although he wasn't a factor in our scoring, I thought that Emerson looked great. We've got a lot of options for the midfield now, but I hope they give him a shot. The penalty called on Jazz was a bit harsh I think. He made contact, but not worthy of a foul. We could have scored a few more, but the Crawley goalie made some good saves. Our back line still gives me the willies. Hopefully we'll see some new additions there before the start of the season.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Just glad to see our lads back on the pitch, #44 especially. I think we'll do better offensively this season but I agree with the right honourable gentleman about our defense. Well taken penalty by them, but it had to be..Marcus guessed right AGAIN, like he did so many times last season, he just couldn't reach it. The kid does his homework on penalties or something, that's for sure. Jazz's goal was what I kept waiting to see last season as well. Hope we see a lot of that this season.

3. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Penalty on Jazz was tough. The guy got in front of him and then stopped so Jazz would run him over. He was looking for it all the way.

Totally agree with you Micah about Emerson. I love the way he he moves off the ball, always giving his teammates options, then plays the simple pass and keeps play moving. He's so dynamic. I really hope we can find a spot for him. I just worry that his best position is that holding mid role and Kit might see him as too lightweight to defend there. Physically he looks much stronger than he did at the start of last season, so I'm hopefully that will be enough.

MicahMan likes this.
  4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

While Emerson did look good, keep in mind he was out there against League 2 Crawley Town's 2nd unit.

Would still like to see him out on loan, down a division or two, where he can start every game and get alot of match time. We've had success letting guys step up through the ranks, so starting him in League 2 for the 1st half of the season would be my preference. Then evaluate his development ahead of the January window and move him up to a League 1 side if he's ready. Obviously, finding willing clubs with room will factor into that as well. But ideally, I'd try to follow the path Burn took.

MicahMan likes this.
  5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015