Poland-Belarus

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by PLFulham, Feb 9, 2005.

1. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

ChicagoTom, if there is no channel you can watch or listen the game just let me know. I've noticed SkySport missed it in their web live centre.

PLFulham

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am not getting anything. Work has been killing me today. It should be over by now. Do you have a final score? How did they play? I hope well.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

For Christ's sake, Poland got beat 3-1 to Belarus. PLF, what hell happened? That is not good.

4. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Don't ask. Polands players moved like bears woke up just before game.
    0-1 - lucky goal, 1-1 good fast attack and goal of Zurawski, 1-2 and 1-3 goals were scored in last minutes with no troubles from defence.
    Defenders were nightmare tonight. Fulham back marked Baros a lot better then Hajto and Zuraw made when they scored third so you can imagine how poor was that..
    Other way, Belarus is surprisingly good team.
    I wanna forget that game.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Poland-Belarus

Well, let's hope Poland can get it together before March 30th when World Cup Qualifiers start again for them against Northern Ireland.

If I am not mistaken, right before the Qualifiers started in August, Poland was destroyed by Denmark 5-1. This being said, I am confident the boys will bounce back by the end of March.

6. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

RE: Re: RE: Poland-Belarus

Good point mate! I thought exactly the same after the game. :)

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Cheers PLF! Any word on when you are going to make your trip to London?

8. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Don't know yet, I let you know how things going on asap.

Cheers!

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Sounds good. How are things in Warszawa?

10. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

freezy. Shockly minus 15 degrees of C last night. Minus 25 in Bielsko-Biala! ;)
    Group of new players forced Legia, the club wants to beat Wisla and win Championship. Sounds good and it's possible too. Good luck for them. Warszawa has been waiting for Champion since 10 years!

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Minus 25 in Bielsko-Biala? Wow! That is cold! Yeah, I read that Wisla Krakow is selling players and the owner wants out and things are not looking good for them now. How far behind is Legia Warszawa? Any chance of Podbeskidzie getting promoted to the top division this season? I am guessing no. If I remember right, they are in 7th place at the moment. How many teams get promoted?

12. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Podbeskidzie is 6th, their chances are poor I think, sorry. Two clubs are being promoted and there are very good teams at the top, for example Widzew, Arka, Belchatow. I'm waiting for Arka being promoted, I don't specially like them but it's club with traditions as well as succesful few decades ago and its known as having one of the hottest fans over Poland. I like to think that Arka and Nottingham Forest are similar, ie. both remember me ages of youngest fascinations, the time when I didn't know whats going on around exaclty yet but surely known that Forest is big, Arka is big... Both lost dramatically the same time.
    So, waiting for Arka. Legia has got 7 less than Wisla. Seems to very interesting spring this year.

Cheers!

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I had a good time in Gdynia so I will support Arka as well. I have a Legea Gdansk jersey here and a Podbeskidizie jersey as well. I wear them proudly around Chicago. I was doubting that Posbeskidzie had a chance at promotion, but I had to ask.

Has Podbeskidize ever been in the top division?

14. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Nope. I think that 6th in second league is best in club history.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well, that is good by me. I hope they can stay up there. One last question, how is Legea Gdansk doing in the third division?

Thanks PLF!

16. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Lechia Gdansk's got first at their group of IV league. Have 4 points more than second Gedania Gdansk. Seems to be certain that club from Gdansk will appear 3rd league next season.

17. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Poland-Belarus

Tom, feel free to write if you want any news about Polish football. I'm glad to do it for you mate. :)

Cheers!