NYC Fulham Support

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by mjmwild, Mar 19, 2007.

1. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

Hey all,

Is there a spot in NYC that you get together and watch the Fulham matches on Setena? I live near the Red Lion on Bleecker and they've shown the last couple for me and I know Nevada Smith's is another choice, but what's the official FulhamUSA endorsed NYC venue?

Thanks.

Matt

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi Matt,
    It used to be the Baker St. Pub at 61st and 1st but its hard to get the NYC locals to leave their warm, cozy houses. Unless you are offering beer of course.

3. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

Beer

As much as I love Sherlock Holmes (actually visited the real 221b last weekend), I don't see myself trekking up to the UES early Sunday mornings to watch the matches.

That said, I'm sure I can get a deal (including drink specials?) going at the Red Lion for those who are interested.

Matt

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

re: beer

Matt, you are a bright guy (I like you choice of subject title) but I'm sure there would be a few interested...the NYFFC are a good bunch of guys, bar none.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: re: beer

... seems to me the phrase would be 'bar some'.. {think pun-ish}

6. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

Re: re: beer

Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive? Regardless, I'm a moron.

7. RDG

RDG Member

Re: re:BEER

Awwww, thanks, Mike!

Matt, we've met all over: Baker St., McCormick's in Murray Hill, the dreaded Nevada Smith's (ask Mike about that one), and my almost local in Woodside. Some of us come from far and wide (I live in Queens, Mike and Smokin' trekked in from the Island, and NJGlen comes in from wherever), so getting to the Upper East Side from the Village shouldn't be a prob.

We've never really had any one place for meet-ups. There are problems with matches coinciding with rugby, etc.

That being said, "beer" and "specials" are nice words, indeed (especially in the same sentence!) so I could easily be persuaded to get there for a match. I'm sure that a couple of others could be forced from their dens, as well. Hopefully, we can get more than just a quorum.