New York - Fulham v Chelsea Dec. 30th

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Ace, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

Hi All,

I'm in New York for New Year and was hoping that someone can advise of any bars that are likely to be showing the Fulham-Chelsea game on Decmber 30th?

Also anyone know any decent places in New York for New Years Eve? (Time Square obviously, but anything else?).

Cheers

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hello, and welcome to the site.

Unforntunately, I'm not from the New York area but if you check the pub guide on the left under FulhamUSA Features you will find a few pubs listed. We do have a couple of posters in the New York area, but posting will be slow today as it is a big holiday (Thanksgiving). So, don't feel you're not welcomed by a lack of response. :wink:

3. RDG

RDG Member

Hopefully, we can get some people together for this match. Hopefully, too, I'll be able to get there (I think I can actually watch tomorrow's match without taping it.) We'll keep you posted.

Hey, all youse NYers -- any idears??!?

For convenience, there's Baker St., but for convenience for me (heh, heh), there's Woodside, Queens.

As far as New Year's is concerned, I would not recommend Times Square at all. Standing around for hooooouuuuurs in the cold (and wet?) is not my idea of fun. As people here in NYC are now perpetually paranoid, bags are checked before going into the Times Square sector on New Year's. Oh, yeah, one of the things they are looking for is alcohol, as it is supposed to be a dry zone. I'd recommend getting a copy of Time Out and seeing what's on. That, or the Village Voice, if you want to go to see a band. Places I used to go for New Year's are now gone (CBGB's, sniff, sniff) and I now bolt my front door whilst downing champagne in front of the TV (I am dull and boring, aren't I?) For New Year's Day, there's always watching the crazies at Coney Island take a dip in the frigid Atlantic Ocean (been there, done that, got the certificate).

Have fun!