NBA / Playoffs 2009

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Apr 20, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sorry Mo,I remembered you saying this LAST YEAR* and it took me a half-hour to find it, but it was worth it.

Mind you, I can't remember much of yesterday, but ... .

Hope the Cavs sweep the East and do the Lakers in 5

- - - -
    edited to add link - pf

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

And if I had the time, I would find ChicagoTom (where the heck is he anyway, did he report on the newborn) totally backing me up in terms of Mike Brown's limitations as a head coach. What you will notice, Don, is that Mike Brown isnt even in the huddles during timeouts. Someother guy is in there with his clipboard calling the plays. In the paper yesterday Brown even told a story about how he wanted to call a certain play for LeBron and the assistant coach "suggested" another play and Brown was really happy that they went with his strategy - 'cause it worked. Also, look at the last sentence of my quote. Well, with this new offensive coach, I do actually recognize the offense they run and I must say it's pretty nice. Did you see the passing v. the Pistons? N I C E

Brown getting named coach of the year doesnt change my opinion of him as a head coach, only my opinion that award.

Go CAVS and here's hoping Brown will learn something from the offensive coaching ringers the Cavs have brought in.

3. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Go Mavs!

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

come on Free cup of coffee.

Hi Mo, I'm less confused now.

5. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Can't....muster.....giving.....a....shit.....

at least until the Finals. Which is in what, like 2 months??

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

While not totally agreeing w/WB (has anyone ever? :shock: ), the NBA playoffs drag on forever. Inevitable that Kobe and LeBron will collide in June (Whoever is braodcasting the Finals has to be lighting candles everyday for this to happen). I try to catch a 4th quarter score and if its close will stay on. The Bulls/Celts has been quite entertaining.

I'm afraid it's the end of the line for my Blazers tonight in Houston.

Denver with one trade has brought in a winner in Billups who seems to have gotten it into the heads of that most tattoed team in the league that team defense and sharing the ball = success.

7. SoCalJoe

Now that the riff-raff has been eliminated these two series should be interesting. The Fakers are team jekyll and hyde, and the Nuggets seem to believe they can actually win it. I think this goes 7, and as much as this hater wants Denver to win, I can't imagine Kobe losing at home in a game 7.

Every Cavs fan had to be rooting for a depleted Boston team to pull one more series out, but that was asking too much. Orlando matches up very well w/Cleveland but the team harmony the Cavs have going will get them thru (it won't be easy however).

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Spurs? Riff-raff? Okay, this year that's true. Agree with your disdain for the Lakers [I wonder if FFC24 still lurks about and will read this]. I was hoping for Houston to beat them. I'll be hoping for Denver to beat them -- I can't believe I'm actually rooting for a team that has Carmelo Anthony on it -- and I'll be rooting for Cleveland to beat them.

I really, really don't like Kobe, you see.

9. Clevelandmo

Let's just all agree we are all rooting for Cleveland :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

And btw Don, if Brown deserves coach of the year then it is entirely for his humility. The offense is totally being run by someone else (read his name in the papers but it didtnt stick); just watch the movement on and off the ball between Lebron and the other players (i.e. pre mo williams and west). However, props to Brown, Ferry, (the un-named offensive coach) and the Cavs for doing whatever it takes to get this team working and Winning; maybe they decided to all share the coach of the year award.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

11. SoCalJoe

By riff-raff HD I meant teams that had absolutely no chance of winning, once Manu went down for the Spurs they fell in the group that included my Blazers :(

Maybe Mo can post w/how Cleveland is feeling after blowing the game last night. Howard is going to get his, but the Cavs can't let both Lewis and Hedo (turkey-glue) get rolling. Also the bench better do something more than stand around and look clueless.

Considering how much Cleveland fans have gone through (don't worry Mo I won't list the obscene amount of heartbreaks the city has endured w/the sports teams) neutral fans everywhere would love to see the Cavs win.

AND to YOU 24 if you are trolling and choosing not to fire back... The violet and yellow are going down!!! But don't worry you'll always have Inter :shock:

12. Clevelandmo

Oouch. Last night was tough. Looked like the Cavs of last year - all LeBron and a stagnant offense. Especially in the fourth quarter. Eight in a row probably hurt us for this series, but I think the Cavs will find a way. And if they cant, the refs will so everyone can see Kobe v. Lebron.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We were rehearsing last night and I kept wandering into the other room to see the score. Can't believe that Cleveland blew it.

Worried I might have jinxed them by announcing my support!

14. Clevelandmo

Don, I'll be happy to blame it on you if they lose, but dont fret yourself yet. It's only one game

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Morning headline:
    Salient point:
    Since I announced my support for your Cavs, they've dropped 3 of 4.

Sorry, Mo :3d crying:

16. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Just now getting on this thread. Nuggets are playing great basketball. I agree that winning game 7 in LA would be difficult. i'm hoping that it won't make it to 7. Of course, I'm sure the NBA/ESPN are doing everything in their power to avoid Orlando/Denver final.

17. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

HEARD THAT.

18. SoCalJoe

Don't worry Don about jinxing the Cavs, the bottom line is they're simply not as good as Orlando. Mo, I'm sure everyone is ready to rip the coach in Cleveland, but they need to step back and look at the team. Take LeBron off and they don't win 30 games. Mo Williams is supposed to be Robin to the King's Batman, but this guy can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. West is a decent player...off the bench. Z,Wally, and Wallace were good players...5 years ago.

Every Laker fan out here is hoping for a Cavs comeback, since no one thinks they are a better playoff team than the Magic. Orlando has got the best big man in basketball surrounded by great shooters. Their achilles heel is they tend to shoot too many 3's. If Jameer Nelson hadn't gotten hurt I'd say they're the best of the 4 teams left, but with him out the Cavs should get one tonight and then all the pressure goes back to the Magic.

19. Clevelandmo

Well the best team won in the east. Props to the Magic (they actually played in a way that made that name not seem so stupid). I'm bummed that Cleveland wont have a chance at a championship, but I'm more relieved that it's over. NBA basketball just doesnt do it for me anymore. Especially when the Cavs resort to their former ways of offense - pass the ball to Lebron and stand around to see what he decides to do.

Also, I fear this is the end of Lebron in Cleveland. While I think the Cavs are much better than SoCal described (Mo had a bad series v. Magic, what the Cavs need is someone with an inside game), Lebron can legitimatly leave for richer pastures on the grounds that he needs a team he can win it all with. He's a good guy and it will break Cleveland's heart if he goes, but the truth is I dont really enjoy the way he plays. I prefer more of a finese player over brute strength.

Now, back to watching soccer.