My Trip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, Mar 10, 2010.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Finally got everything setup to head over the last week in March. I got setup with tickets to the Wigan game, but I am in the Putney End. I know I asked the ticket line gent to be in the home side and didn't think of it at the time that the Putney End is the away side.

I am going to call back to see about getting into the Hammersmith End, but if I can't where else is good to be?

Also, what is a good pub a yank will be able to get in for a pint before the match?

Fyi, I did PM Mike, but guessing he is busy so opened it up for everyone!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Have a great time SC, be sure to share your experience. Hopefully you can exchange your tickets (who wants to sit in the empty Wigan section?).

3. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I would try to get in contact with o_sullyvan. He is a season ticket holder that posts on here and I even met up with him for more than a few beers back in August.

We went to the Golden Lion for one pint then shifted over to the Cottage Club (I think that is the name, but I believe it is closed down now).

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

When we went we sat in the Haynes section. It seemed to be all Fulham fans but they were very quiet, a few rounds of "come on Fulham" but otherwise not much cheering. The only time I felt the love was when Healy scored the lone Fulham goal. We wanted midfield seats for a couple of reasons which is why we sat in Haynes, but if you want the full experience I think you need to sit in the Hammy end. I went on the Offal and asked if someone had season tickets that they couldnt use and wanted to sell. I did get offers so that might be worth trying if you cant get tickets in the Hammy end.

5. sullytex

sullytex Member

SC, I should be going to that game. More than happy to try to hook up for that one and/or give you my tips on where to go. My Lady will be heading back to the US on the 31st or the 1st so I imagine I will be 'unconflicted'. We can touch base as you get closer to your trip. I've met up with a couple of travelling FUSAers, and no complaints yet (at least not publically on the board!).

I would be surprised if the Hammy end did not have a couple of seats open for Wigan (although i believe it is a Bank Holiday, so maybe more folks may attend, or could be less as folks may be travelling out of town). If not, try to get in to the, as your FUSA title says, 'The Maestro' stand. Nostalgia at its best.

Lax, don't forget that last pub/club after the game near the station where a couple of young lads, who had obviously had consumed a bit more than we had, were lamenting that the Fulham fans need to sing a bit more and get involved (related to Mo's point above).

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Forgot about that place and don't remember the name, but I remember having a lot of beer and joking with one guy about Eddie Johnson.

7. SCFulhamFan

I am still waiting on the site to get the new order in, by in the Hammy End. H5, missing the row number, but seats 127 and 128. Might be not as good of a few as the Putney seats, but at least we will be on the right side!

o_sullyvan, I will message you a few days before the match so we can see if meeting up will work. Thanks for the offer!

8. sullytex

sullytex Member

Excellent. I am in H6 and AmericanMike is in H5 I believe.

9. SCFulhamFan

I am sitting in Charlotte airport waiting on my flight into London.

Just a quick update, as you all know the Wigan match was pushed off till Sunday the 4th. We will be home catching up on jet lag by then, but as fortune goes I was able to secure tickets to the Wolfsburg match. So not only will I get to see my first Fulham match on Thursday, but it will be a Europa Cup one at that!

I will make sure I update with trip info and match day/night photos as I get them.

COYW!

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

hope you see a cracking match featuring a couple of Fulham goals and a clean sheet.

ENJOY!!!!

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

excellent! COYW!

12. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Wow SC, that sounds like a great experience for your first Fulham match. I'm completely jealous. Have a wonderful time and take good notes/pics for the rest of us.

13. SCFulhamFan

Just a quick update: We got our tickets yesterday (mine loaded on my Fulham membership card) and took a few photos outside of the home gate. Finally got this years home jersey and a polo from the club shop as well.

When I get back I will post the flickr link for everyone to see. Been sight seeing everything we can. London is a great city and the Underground/tube makes it very easy for us Yanks to get around.

So excited for tomorrow night!

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Two experiences you must have... the first you probably thought of

Ride the top deck on bus on a nice day

Take the escalators from platform to street at either Angel or Holburn tube stations.
    - I say it that way because you MIGHT want to call a cab rather than go back down; depends on your inner ear condition or previously subdued phobias... heh.

15. sullytex

sullytex Member

Excellent! Wish I could join you but will have to watch this one on the couch (trade you any day for the Wigan game on Sunday!). Walking up to the Cottage for the first time is a pretty damn cool experience. Too bad you can't stick around through Sunday. Enjoy the rest of your trip and look forward to the match report and pics!

16. SCFulhamFan

Wow, what can I say. Amazing trip to London and it was a magical night at the Cottage. Will post some photos ASAP!

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you had a great time SC, looking forward to the photos.

18. SCFulhamFan

19. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Makes me want to go back to the Cottage very soon! Great shots!

20. sullytex

sullytex Member

Great pics. Looks like you had a good trip and a great game. I am going to post some pics from the Wigan game, funny thing, I took at least 5 or 6 almost identical to yours.