LA/Chivas SuperClassico

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Aug 23, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Not too much soccer but it's pretty chippy, Marsch and Becks going at it, cheap shot by Zot on Beckham, then Zot headbutts Harmse, and 2 reds... for the latter two.

2. pettyfog

Chivas 3-0

Galaxy sux... and Beckham's ankle is hurting again.. he goes 90, big mistake

3. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

...goes 90 in back-to-back games (the first completely meaningless), with a trans-atlantic flight in between. Not gonna help that thing heal...

Galindo looked good tonight. The Galaxy look clueless.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

The Galaxy is a lost cause this season. If they were smart they'd play Becks for the second half or so the please the star watchers and just build up the team next year.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Given the fact that they have "most favored nation status" in the MLS, it is criminal that Galaxy are capable of putting that crap a side on display. I never was more proud of Wynalda than last night: "They have to start booing or the front office will never pay attention." I think Lalas has to go, and I think someone has to put jumper cables on a few of their players.

On another note, if Beckham is so important to McClaren's job retention and England's place in Euro 2008 [and he IS] then why play him for 90 minutes against Germany on a sore ankle? I mean Bradley took Donovan off after 60 minutes.

You know, when Pettyfog and I are the voices of reason, there's real problems afoot! :twisted: :big grin:

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Xavier and Beckham appear to be the most committed two on that squad.

Fell asleep after the first goal. :?:

7. pettyfog

I've been a Donovan apologist of sorts, {let him play where he wants}... but Beckham really shows him up, as far as giving his all.

Freakin wuss!

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Plain and simple the Galaxy looked clueless on the attacking end. I cannot recall a single play that put the Chivas goalie under pressure. Although I have to admit I may have taken a couple of catnaps during the match.

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Went to the Angel game last night and only saw the highlights, but how does Yallop still have a job?? Lalas knows the pr/marketing part of the game, but he is utterly lacking in the personnel side.

In LA, you have to A) Win B) Have Stars C) Both A & B. The novelty will wear off real soon, since its obvious the only thing this team will end up playing for is the Super Liga.

10. pettyfog

Lalas is either going to go.. or Beckham is. And I guarantee Beckham is going nowhere.
    And since Lalas has never done anything worthwhile besides shoot his mouth off...
    Sorry, but Yallop can only use what he's got.

11. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

Man that LA defense was bad....do they collect a paycheck(however small it may be) with a ski mask and gun?? Joe Cannon looked like he wanted to punch his defense last night....and i wouldn't blame him a bit!!!

12. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Yallop is doing nothing with what he's got. He's done nothing this year, and he did nothing last year. Yallop and Lalas are out. Forget it. It's just a matter of time. Yallop has only coached one successful outfit in his career, and that was San Jose. I don't know what's happening with them. They are one of the worst teams in the league, and Beckham isn't going to fix that.

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

One problem with the MLS salary cap is that the bench tends to be very, very weak. With 3 of their 4 starting defenders out, the Galaxy back line is useless. That affects not only the defense, but the offense also as the LB/RB are not effective in supporting the attack.

Give Beckham some more practice sessions with the offense, and they'll at least have a chance to outscore their opponents, but until those defenders get healthy, they'll need to score 3 goals to even get a tie.