Kit Care Problems

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by IanHux, Jan 26, 2009.

1. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Well, it really saddens me that after about 4 months of normal wear my lovely kit is starting to lose some of its luster. The actual kit is fine, its just that the big circle in the LG logo is starting to flake off and its rather frustrating. So, does anyone have tips that could help a poor person like me who is not schooled in the art of caring for football kits?

2. dallasbill

dallasbill Member

I understand it helps if you don't put fabric softener in the wash it helps because it loosens the transfer (plus the newer shirts don't really need to be "softened") , or so my wife tells me, (ahem).

3. RDG

RDG Member

I can't believe I know the answer to keeping a jersey (or most clothes) longer.

- wash it inside-out (stops fading on most shirts, and will protect any designs on the front)
    - use cold water (doesn't harm as much as warm or hot water)
    - don't use bleach ('nuff said)
    - hang it to dry (using the dryer can shorten the life of a shirt by a ton).

Whatever you do, please don't call me "Heloise".

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

While we're on the kit subject, are this year's kits sized the same as last years (as opposed to running a little bigger or smaller)?

5. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Yup - those are the tricks. Inside out and hang dry. For myself, I almost always wear a long sleeve shirt under mine, and I never wear them unless I am sure I will be in a clean environment for the day.

Sounds lame, but at the price we pay - they are worth more than their price in gold.