Hull City v. FFC

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Aug 18, 2015.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's tomorrow; it's not being televised either on network or on-line. What's a poor boy to do?

I plan to be in the chatroom listening to GJ, and I hope for a different approach. Ross in the midfield doing nothing, Smith up front on his own, shocked and stunned when he actually gets some service, and everyone blaming the defense for dropping points is getting old.

SoCalJoe and BarryWhite like this.
  2. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Agree that Smith is alone up top, but I'm not sure the service has been that bad. If you watch the Brighton game, he could have had two or three goals if his finishing was a little crisper.

Either way, I agree that we need to try something else up top. We've created a lot of chances but haven't finished many.

3. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

I don't know why we would have played Ross in any spot besides striker or attacking mid, and after Kaca being productive on the left side the past few matches why switch it around?
    Veteran centerbacks are a must-add before the transfer window is up, but honestly we should have three maybe four points right now. Hopefully things get moving forward.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Did manage to catch 20+ minutes of Hull's unlucky draw at Wolves (HC's goalie gave up a howler) and they totally dominated away from home. That said, In this division anything can happen, so won't be surprised with any result.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I didn't see him, either, Taggart.jpg but he seems kinda old to be of any help to us.....

MicahMan likes this.
  7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports is going on around here?

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Oh god, I can hear the plaintive sounds of "The French Mistake" now.

jimsig likes this.
  9. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Our record v Hull isn't good and our last 3 at the KC were all losses to the tune of a combined 1-10. Our last trip there was the 0-6 embarrassment. Hopefully we can avoid something like that and continue to be competitive, even if in defeat.

I'll be curious to see 1) if Hull press us high like a lot of teams have successfully and 2) if we've come up with an effective answer for it. Also curious to see if Kit goes away from the Bermuda Triangle of Betts, Hutch & Bod. Our gk/cb pairings have been a mixed bag but that has been the worst combo imo. I'd also like to see more/better usage of the bench & the huevos to lift Ross after 60 when he gasses out again.

10. AggieMatt

Coincidentally, Hull are sponsored by Flamingo Land (whatever that is). Hopefully there are no pink uniform tie ins for this Florida-centric clash.

Not that we'd see them today anyway.

11. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Nope, still in the Triangle. Starting lineup:

Bettinelli
    Richards Hutchinson Bodurov Voser
    Cairney Christensen O'Hara Pringle
    McCormack Smith

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No, but Jim would describe them in agonizing detail if there were.

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

When you combine the last names of the back four into first/last names, we'd have an adult film star quality back line:
    Richards Hutchinson
    Bodurov Voser

COYW

SoCalJoe likes this.
  14. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

If matches ended at 85 minutes we'd have 5 points and no losses this season! Unfortunately they go longer than that. Hope the injuries don't lead to more long term problems.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Dear God,

Please give Fulham the strength to see out matches. Thanks,

-A seriously frustrated Fulham fan.

encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  16. AggieMatt

I'm more concerned about the first 45. Another match where we're completely overrun until we fall behind & the other side eases the pressure.

encorespanish and dcheather like this.
  17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

It's the same story each game. Sadly, I am in the Kit out mob. Although my pitchfork is rather dull and not held very high.

18. AggieMatt

I have to agree. We've won 8 matches of 30 in 2015 (throwing out preseason friendlies). While we've been in every match so far this campaign, there's just far too much same old, same old for me.
    What I don't get is that what we're playing bears little resemblance to the handful of U21 matches I saw Kit coach. We're far more simplistic and easy to gameplan against.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I can't get my head around this either. It's rather sad. I wanted Kit to be successful and knew he would have an uphill battle, but he's still doing the same thing over and over. Is it him or the players not responding to him? Either way, it's not good.

We've gone from the slave driver to Mr. Nice Guy. Perhaps a happy medium with some Championship management experience? Who is available?

20. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

I think we have to give Kit a chance to finish out the transfer window, bring in a couple defenders, and see how we look. I don't think a loss on the road at Hull should be the nail in Kit's coffin. I'd give him the next 4 games to prove he should stay in charge:

Home vs Huddersfield
    Away vs Rotherham
    Home vs Blackburn
    Home vs Wolves

This isn't a difficult run and I'd be disappointed with less than 7 points. If Kit can't get it done, then let's get someone else in.

encorespanish, SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.