Honor for Roy H

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, May 26, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

This is great and definitely deserved, but I fear that it's a consolation prize because they have no intention of awarding him manager of the year.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'm at the point that I don't really care who wins awards like MVP or Manager/Coach of the Year because so often they are given to the wrong people. (Not that I'm still at all bitter that George Bell beat out Alan Trammell for the 1987 AL MVP...)

4. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

Yeah, the Spirit Award is nice and everything, but come on--Fergie for manager of the year? Boy, it sure must be hard to win the Premier League every year with the most money and most talented players. What a joke.
    Either Roy or Harry Redknapp was the clear choice for MOY. 'Arry took a squad floundering in the relegation zone and had them a hair's breadth from Europe, and Roy (our boy!) took a team that almost went down last year and whipped them into shape to wind up in their highest place ever! I'm really not trying to be a homer here, but I think awarding MOY to any of the big four clubs is utterly ridiculous. The kind of cash they have to spend all but secures their places in the table and makes the managers' jobs easy. Sure, it's tough to manage all those egos, but try complaining to the manager of a smaller team--trying to convince one of the middle or lower teams that they can take down one of the giants is a far greater task, in my opinion.
    Okay, okay: rant over. Congrats, Roy. You're a gentleman and a scholar, and we're lucky and blessed to have you manage our beloved Cottagers.

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I think everyone around FFC knows who the manager of the year is -- and it ain't Fergie.

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Similar to Donovan always winning that US Player of the Year award, this award is similarly completely meaningless.

We know that Roy is the best manager is English Football. And thats good enough for me. And hopefully him.

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Congrats to Roy