1. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

It been reported from the BBC that George Best is about to lose he's fight for life.
    George as I'm sure you know was a Legend in he's time and came to Fulham along with Rodney Marsh and for a short time entertained the crowds at craven Cottage.

I really hope this is Not the end of the road for George and wish him well.

Good Luck George

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4465456.stm

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Cheers to a legend!
    Fallible as they all are.. doesnt detract from his achievements!

- - - - - - - - - - -
    .. and, for whom, "May you, finally, Rest in Peace", is certainly appropriate.

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

It has been announced that George Best has passed away..

Thank you George for everything you did for Football

Your a LEGEND

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

http://www.amusingquotes.com/h/b/George_Best_1.htm

this page will give you an idea what George did with his time off the pitch. He was said to be the best player of his age and easily made it into the FIFA top five in 2000.

Agruably he is one of the best ever... but of course in the spirit of Ricky Henderson, while being great, never showed what his true potential was.

I found those quotes in the link above in the local paper who devoted a page corner to him which I appreciated.

This guy may not be a fulham legend but is a Football legend throughout the world.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

George Best drank more alcohol than most could ever imagine...so I'm sure he was full of good quotes.

6. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

One of the world's best footballers, drank loads, shagged numerous Miss World's and played for Fulham. Its the stuff that most boys dream of....I certainly did.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

How about dying at the age of 59?

8. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Who wants to grow old when your single anyway... after all that mileage on that liver, those legs, and umm... his loins... I'm sure he died not regreting much...

I still love the fact hes one of the few people alive(at the time) who can poke fun at David Beckham.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

But that begs the question(s) did he want to be single and did he want to die that young?

On the second point, I will have to agree with you completely. :lol:

10. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I can't answer the for the poor dead man... but I will tell you this... If I'm ever able to pull Ms. Zimbabwe, I'm not stopping there... On to Ms. Slovenia next... the sky is the limit.

On dying young? I'm not sure anyone WANTS to die young, but if you're goal was to get married and you winded up being a drunk playboy... at 59 death need not wait.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ms. Zimbabwe and Ms. Slovenia? You can do better than that.

I think you may have a point at dying at 59 if your aim is to be a playboy--especially one with little money. No more good looks and no money does not bode well in the playboy biz.

12. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Honestly, being a poor drunk probably sucks... If I were a crackhead and poor I can steal a DVD player and trade it for a Quibble... Alcohol is not so easy to get without cash. Although everytime I got to a sporting event in NYC the remaining backwash from my huge bottle of JD is usually donated to the nearest tramp vagrant...

All I was saying is that if I start at the bottom i may have a chance... (No offense Ms. Z or Ms. S)

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Don't worry, I don't think you've blown your chances. Sorry Mike, but I don't think beauty queens read an Amercian website dedicated to a football team in London.

14. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

what are you talking about, i read this site almost every day

15. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Really?!...

Dammit!

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Excuse me, with the notable exception of JohnnyCash.

Smokin', I strongly suggest that you aim higher in your attempts to "bag" a Miss World. If you aim low, you likely miss the target. But if you aim for the bullseye you stand a better chance of hitting the target.

17. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I was Miss Idaho Potato in 1996...then I got fat and turned into a man

18. americanmike

You have crushed the dreams of many...HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY. :cry:

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I did apologize in advance, Mike. I'm truly sorry for crushing your dreams and anyone else's. Maybe if you had a beauty pagent, nail and hair tip section you can keep your dream alive. But the big question is--Do you have the knowledge on such topics?

Well, do you? :D

20. americanmike

I'm the youngest of 4 which includes my 3 older sisters..wise guy.

So, although I DO NOT have this knowledge personally, I'm sure they do and can KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. And great idea Heather.