FUSA Crew gathering

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Who is interested in getting together with other Fulham fans to see the Crew play the Chicago Fire on Saturday July 5th? My long shot hope is that McBride would be on Chicago by then and it would be a Crew homecoming for him.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I will have to check my calendar Mo. I am interested but my daughter is getting married in early August. I think if I offer to take the youngest two away for a weekend with me I might get the better-half's blessing.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I will be there, if I'm in town.

4. Clevelandmo

So is anyone ever going to commit to this?

Petty who attended past FUSA-Crew gatherings or am I mistaken in thinking that they've occurred before?

5. pettyfog

Oh, yes... there have been! Last Season against Toronto. A nice time was had by all.

Props to Jux and Ms Jux, who never seem to post on here, anymore.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fog, you need to round up the usual suspects and join Mo for the match. I just finished watching the HBO tribute to the '91ers, and every time Brandi Chastain came on, I thought about our Cleveland engineer.

Go and have a good time already!

7. pettyfog

Like I said, I will... provided the social/family gathering director doesn't make alternative plans. You know how that is, right?

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Most assuredly. It's their world, after all. You and me? We're just paying rent.

9. Clevelandmo

Maybe it's a bad idea to do 4th of July weekend. There is the West Ham match-up on Sunday 7/20. Would that work better for anyone? Otherwise you have to go into August for a weekend match - August is kind of bad for me.

Oopsy, just saw thats the MLS All Stars vs West Ham - dont know where that's being played.

10. FFC007

FFC007 New Member

Columbus Crew v West Ham Utd 7/20

I would be interested in attending Columbus Crew v West Ham game on 7/20 which has a 5pm start. Of course extra FUSA interest maybe added with the appearance of Louis Bao Morte in the West Ham team.

11. Clevelandmo

FFC007 I was mistaken because the Crew has this on their schedule without an @ sign.

The game is the MLS All Stars and it's being played in Toronto. For me it's almost as close as Columbus and I've never been to Toronto so I may go.

12. FFC007

FFC007 New Member

Columbus Crew v West Ham

Clevelandmo....Crew + West Ham sites say MLS Allstar game is 7/24 in Toronto and Crew v West Ham Sun 7/20 at 5pm

13. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Is seeing live soccer a once in a blue moon type of thing for you guys or what? I see these "let's go to this one game" threads all the time . . doesn't anyone have season tix?

14. Clevelandmo

Columbus is three hours away. We go to Cleveland City Stars games quite a bit - they're USL Div 2 but it is still exciting soccer in person.

15. Jux

Jux New Member

Thanks pettyfog. Yea, I used to do most of my FUSA posting at work (model employee), but I have had to limit that with my current project team.

Anyway, the Chicago game sounds like a great time to come to Crew stadium. Mrs Jux and I may not be in town for that one, but can still help out with the planning. I should know by next weekend if we will be in town.

That being said, we do have season tickets and will gladly have a few pre/post match beers with anyone who comes into town for a game! I know we will be at the West Ham friendly.

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hey Jux! We miss you around here you know.

17. Jux

Jux New Member

Thanks man! It's good to be back on the boards.

I just confirmed that we will be around the Fire game, so Mrs Jux and I can help coordinate whichever game (or both) that people are interested in.

18. FFC007

FFC007 New Member

Columbus Crew V West Han united

Jux....is the West Ham game on Sunday July 20th with a 5pm kick off the agreed best date for a FUSA get together in Columbus??

19. Jux

Jux New Member

RE: Columbus Crew V West Han united

I'm fine with either date. It seems like the 20th would be the best since it isn't a holiday weekend. Mrs. Jux and I are going to both matches, so we are fine with whichever date the group agrees on.

What does everyone else think?

20. BarryP

BarryP New Member

RE: Columbus Crew V West Han united

It looks like my weekends for July have become spoken for since the all-star coach for my daughters fastpitch age group asked me this weekend if Katie was going to play this summer. Hope you guys have a great get together an perhaps later this fall I will get the opportunity to meet a few of you.