FUSA annual gaffer sacking pool.

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 22, 2009.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Noticed that Phil Hart has been given the kiss of death "2 matches to save job" at Pompey. He is obviously the first to go, but who do you think will be the next two?? Anybody hits the tri-fecta and fabulous prizes await.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think Brown might just beat Hart out the door. And, my old and dear friend up at Bolton will be the third.

So, I'm saying
    1. Brown
    2. Hart
    3. Megson

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I think other than Hart, and possibly Brown, I don't think we'll see a sack-fest this year. Nothing until Christmas anyway, and possibly not even then. I think with the strengthening of other teams up top, owners of the "other 12" are more realistic about things and will be willing to give more time. I think even relegation isn't seen as bad as it once was, given the ability of teams to bounce back with good planning.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

there's always the surprising sacking before the predictable sacking.

last year, curbishley leaving was surprising. keegan was not. two years ago, jose leaving was sudden, sammy lee was a coming from a mile away.

so this year hart leaving isn't surprising. martinez leaving wigan will be.

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Hart, then Megson. As much as Brown should probably get a pink slip, I think Hull will stay with him too long. So I'll go for the oft maligned and underappreciated McCarthy.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ah well, wishful thinking overtook rational thought.

I say again, how the hell could Hart have done any better than he did?

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Speaking of Brown. Did anyone read his description about the anticipation of Bullard's return as being "mouthwatering"?

UUUhhhmmm.

I can think of a lot of ways and adjectives, good and bad, to describe Jimmay, but mouthwatering would never ever ever ever be amoung the choices. A little creepy if you ask me.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

BTW, Hart has to be wondering what the hell he can do. Brian Clough could be reincarnated and be the Pompey gaffer, and he would still be in the relegation spots. That mess is a lot bigger than Hart.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

both Pompey and Bolton won in the CC yesterday, so Hart and Megson get a BIT of a breathing space.

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Exactly Stevey. After selling everyone off he started the season with what: 10 players and a case of beer?

Then the ownership issue finally gets cleared up right as the window closes (what the hell was the holdup I still don't know), they buy dozens of castoffs and randoms and he's suddenly expected to start winning?

Especially when he assumed the role simply to stop the mess that Tony Adams had got the team into?

If I were him I would've stepped down over the summer.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I will have to say that it is unusual for the "striker-on-the-bench" to be on a rolling one-month contract in a league as big as the Prem. What 'arry didn't purloin on his way out, the board threw away in the summer. Hart may be good managerial material, but we'll never find out as long as he's at Pompey.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Nobody would actually take the Pompey job so they might be stuck with Hart.

Hughes will be sacked as Man City manager. They will go on some horrible run and that'll be the end of his career there. Really, I don't think they want him as manager and would look for any excuse to sack him.

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I gotta disagree with FFC24 re: Hughes. I think ManCity will play Champions League football next year. If he gets the sack, it will be next year, because the team doesn't go as far in the Champions League as the owner wants/expects (Hughes lacks the European experience to do well there).

14. SoCalJoe

Out of the blue, Harry Redknapp has gone from 50-1 to 2-1 in the London books. He denies leaving, and rumors are flying about of impropriety on his part :shock: There seems to be a certain pattern of behavior for this guy, who seems to always be one step ahead of the posse out to hang him.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He's reputed to be brought up on fraud charges. This is nothing new for him.

On the other hand, Spurs is about the 4th side he's managed he's put into huge debt with transfer fees and wage bills. He's left all the others before the financial piper has to be paid, so perhaps that's the reason why he's suddenly on the short list.

16. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Honestly... It never ends.

Why would he leave? The club has provided whatever he has wanted and they are being rewarded.

I have not read anything to suggest it is because of backroom deals. In fact - I cant find anything that is little more than speculation as to the reason for the betting.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Jensers, Here's a couple of highlights I've seen

and

With the Spurs fans lording it over everyone because they were convinced they were going to win the league after winning their first three matches this year, it's hard NOT to get a chuckle out of all this. Don't worry, I'll laugh for the both of us.

18. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I am not sure who you are talking about - Winning the League! Come on - Ridiculous!

Pushing for a spot in the top 4 - sure!

Once again, the issue here is speculation - and it isnt even the good speculation. You know - like a guy who knows a guy said ______.

This is simply, "We have no idea, but this MIGHT be why..."

If I was a manager I would leave West Ham, Ports, SouthHam, and whatever other club as well. I would want to get to the biggest club I could.

Thats the American dream - whats wrong with that? It isnt like he went and stole the money from the owners wallet while they were in the shower! They wanted to win and if they got overextended - they are as much to blame as anyone.

Spurs getting relegated - PAAHHHHLEEEEAAAASSEEEE... If it didnt happen last year it aint happening this year.

Yawn...

19. SoCalJoe

Jens; I know you're a Spurs fan, but this guy has been shady for years. I can't blame you for defending him, cause the man is a tremendous manager (don't think anyone can dispute that). However, if Harry were the gaffer at a team you despise..say Arse, we both know your opinion would be quite different.

20. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Without a doubt.

Let me just say this:
    Pandora is the greatest thing on the net. I just added a Frank Sinatra station and I am in heaven.

Other stations:
    Daft Punk
    Sondre Lerche
    Maxwell
    John Mayer

Pandora - I bow down to your goodness. If I could lay you down and give you the kind of lovin you deserve I would do it.

If Harry goes he goes - as of now - I dont see it, but I am keeping close to the news feeds.