FulView for September 2023

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Sep 7, 2023.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Since Fulham is off this weekend is a good time to bring back the monthly recap. Before we get to Fulham, let's take a moment to thank August's site sponsor - @stlouisbrad ! Thanks Brad for getting things going this year! If you haven't already sponsored a month there are still two months (April and May) that you can sponsor.

Fulham's August Record: 1 W, 1 D, 2 L (for the sake of readability I'm including the City match from Sept. 2)
    Upcoming September matches: Luton Town, Crystal Palace

I'm frankly a little disappointed in all of the, well, whining I've been hearing from Fulham fans (but not much from the folks here). Yeah, the transfer window was crazier than necessary and there are a number of questions about how the team is managed, but can we take a breath before declaring Fulham's inevitable doom? Fulham came out of a difficult opening stretch with 4 points - 4 points that just about everyone said they would be happy with when the season kicked off. Fulham got those points despite multiple blown calls from officials, finishing two matches with only 10 men, missing key players, and facing possibly the two best teams in the league on the road. Isn't that at least something to celebrate?

I almost forgot to mention that Fulham also dispatched Tottenham in the Carabao Cup. The team put all their penalties into the back of the net! Both of those were unexpected surprises.

I'm not saying that there aren't concerning issues with the front office and how the transfer window was managed. I just think there is a lot of overreacting. Let's see what happens with the squad over September and October. If Fulham is within 3 points of relegation after hosting Brighton at the end of October then I'll be worried. Right now though I'm excited to see what they can do.

In the remaining September matches Fulham should get three points from Luton and I would hope for something from Crystal Palace in what should be a very competitive match. In the Carabao Cup Fulham will face Norwich to close out the month.

On a personal note, it will be a little sad when Fulham faces Luton on September 16. That was going to be a really special game for Don, and I was looking forward to hearing his take on that moment. Unfortunately that Premier League matchup we were all hoping for will take place without the one man who deserved to see it the most.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    astroevan and nevzter like this.
  2. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

MicahMan likes this.