Fulham vs West Ham Cheaters United

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 30, 2010.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

You know what would equal last night's drunken jubilation? Beating West Ham.

[Okay, maybe not equal. But it would definitely cap off this season.]

Chelsea may be our neighbours and official rivals, but I personally hate West Ham much, much more. I don't think I need to go into the countless reasons why. And hard to believe it, but we haven't beaten them since 1980 when we were both in the the old second division.

C'mon Fulham: get a 3-0 trashing with Paintsil scoring a goal and Zola getting fired after the match.

I'm going to miss the match, again, as FSC+ don't re-air games same day. So pirated MOTD2 again for me (although each time I've waited for that we've lost. Oh boy...)

COYW!!!

2. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Hey Timmyg I havent got over the FA Cup Final from 1975 yet. I'm always up for smashing the Hammers.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'll go along with Timmy and point out that, in preseason friendlies, the ONLY altercations Crew fans have ever had with brit and brit expat fans was when Wet Spam came to Crew Stadium.

Guess which fans went into the OTHER fan section!

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I dunno -- last night, or beating Worst Ham? Hmmmmmmmmmm...

All kidding aside, how many changesd is Woy going to make? Last week it was 9, it'll be about the same this week.

My guess --
    -------------------Schwarzer
    ----Johnny Pants --- Baird -- Smalling -- Shorey
    --- Duff (we need some creativity -- Greening -- Dikgachoi -- Riise
    -------------------Nevland -- Elm

Zuber..., Kelly, Hughes, Dempsey, Gera, Murphy, Okaka

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Neither team has much to play for, so I'm expecting we'll be 50/50 starters/reserves at best. Roy said on Sky last night that he'd use our final two games to rest players and get them back to fitness.

Noticed Clint's hand was bandaged, so I expect he'll be on the bench. Simon took a knock and Bob's still battling through injury so I wouldn't expect them.

As much as I'd like us to beat those sorry-@ss no good %&*&$*!, I won't be surprised if we don't. We've got bigger fish to fry.

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Can Roy give away kits to fans in the stands and then put them on the pitch? Just kidding of course but how do you go from beating Hamburg to garner a finals appearance in the Europa League to getting up for West Ham? I hope Roy knows because I haven't got a clue.

I think there is a very good chance that we will see the same type of line-up and bench as we saw against Everton. Whoever Roy plays I will likely miss it in favor of watching u10 friendlies in Indy. Depending on how much rain we get this weekend I may try to find a raft and see if I can catch a current headed toward a nearby establishment if the match is even being aired.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow, I didn't realize that. It'd be nice to break that streak, but I don't expect it. Personally, I think we're going to see a strongly weakened lineup, though I guess there's always a chance Roy might play everybody just to stick it to the whining cheaters.

Stockdale
    Kelly, Hughes, Smalling, Shorey
    Riise, Greening, Dikgacoi, Dempsey (but only for a half)
    Okaka, Nevland

Though really, this is a pretty ideal time to give some match action to some youngsters, guys like Buchtmann and Marsh-Brown who've been unused subs a couple of times.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

poetic justice would be to field our weakest XI and win. Come on Woy, pull another one out of your bag o' tricks

BTW, when is it? TV?

9. pettyfog

Okay... so much to do, so little time....

I am not sure when it's on... there's a whole bunch of stupid Eytie games starting at 9 am our time FSC = has it delayed at 10:30 but that's nuts.. after starting prev match at 9!

Mo?
    Oh AV is on FSC right now.. I'm watching too.

10. Clevelandmo

Great save by Friedel

11. pettyfog

What!!!!! You jest. There's no way he wouldnt have stopped that pen a couple years ago. Watch it again when you get the chance.

The mind was able but the neural pathways have degraded.

Sorry... Friedel is past it and I'm not just talking about that one.

12. Clevelandmo

I posted that before the penalty and now regret the post. Save I'm talking about was very good rather than great. Too bad Villa couldnt pull it off.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

so you're wanting Roy to rest all his players for ... May 12? No, I get it: for the vital match against Stoke on Wednesday.

I want the full squad, and I want Dempsey out there. Our boy took West Ham's owners bitching about a non-Prem level squad against Hull as a direct insult at him, and I know he wants some payback.

Also, if BobbyZ is fit, he's going to play. He's not going to get a callup if Cappello believes he's not fit enough to play.

We're going to win this one, win the match against stoke, and finish 10th.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fog, you know how you always say that your opinions about football aren't as deft as those on other topics? Well, this is one of those occasions. I've watched Friedel all season. Only Joe Hart, Reina, and Mark Schwarzer have been as consistently brilliant as Brad.

Of course, your non-footie opinions are pretty full of crap also, so ... . 8)

15. pettyfog

No... I say I'll usually defer to you on footy on-field issues.

This time I wont. I havent watched him ALL season.. but a couple times is enough to see some difference.
    ---------------------------------
    And BTW.. I think you'll have a pretty hard time finding posts where I bash Brad.. I've always been a fan and it was him moving to England made me follow the Prem in the first place.

But Brad's always been his own best judge of competence and the only thing makes me think he WONT call it quits this year is the economy. But I wont be surprised if he returns to a solid offer in MLS.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and we're going easy on them.

1425: TEAMS Fulham v West Ham
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Baird, Smalling, Konchesky, Riise, Greening, Dikgacoi, Davies, Dempsey, Nevland. Subs: Zuberbuhler, Kelly, Shorey, Okaka, Gera, Etuhu, Elm.
    West Ham: Green, Faubert, da Costa, Upson, Spector, Behrami, Kovac, Parker, Noble, Cole, Ilan. Subs: Kurucz, Gabbidon, Franco, Boa Morte, Diamanti, Daprela, Stanislas.
    Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

Why? I don't know. What I do know is that even ONE point will get us from 13th to 10th with still a game in hand. I want three today and three on Wednesday.

We'll see.

No chatroom for me. I'm taking part in an all day music festival here, and probably won't get a chance to watch the match "live" until after 10 tonight.

COYW

17. pettyfog

Ooops BAD Admin!!

:oops:

I put {left} the wrong time on the kickoff! I really hope no one was misinformed!

The excuse is the 5 hour differential being the same.. And that I finally got a routine for posting in place.

18. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Carlton Cole always seems to score against Fulham. Good thing one of his goals today was in the proper net 8)

19. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Huh, well how about that. You should buy a lottery ticket!

And now if we beat Stoke, we'll be almost guaranteed 10th. (Could still pass Birmingham City into 9th, if they lose their last match at Bolton and we get a point at Arsenal; could still be passed by Blackburn if they win their last two games at home vs. Arsenal tomorrow and at Villa on the last day and we don't get any points at Arsenal.)