Fulham vs Blackburn, Lancashire

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Mar 13, 2017.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Moving Sessegnon up was brilliant. We've got to get three points from matches like this the rest of the way, or the big Newcastle victory will be all for naught. I think we can do it...if Kalas stays healthy. I'd put the same lineup out there as at St. James's. Just gotta, gotta, gotta take care of business, which we've been doing recently, execept for the slight hiccup against Leeds. Time to put those blips behind us and overtake Wednesday...maybe even Reading...and STAY there.

2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

At this point in time whatever lineup Joka chooses to put out is OK by me. His decision making has been on the mark for the most part and I believe in the entire roster.

3. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

I might have to subscribe to GJ for the remainder of the season. Not short on excitement that's for sure

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

4,000 holes

MicahMan and jumpkutz like this.
  5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

they had to count them all

nevzter and MicahMan like this.
  6. jumpkutz

Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

nevzter likes this.
  7. nevzter

Team sheets:
    Fulham - Button, Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Malone, McDonald, Johansen, Cairney, Aluko, Kebano, Sessegnon

Subs - Bettinelli, Odoi, Cyriac, Pestos, Madl, Sigurdsson, Martin

Blackburn Rovers - Steele, Hoban, Williams, Lowe, Graham, Emnes, Guthrie, Nyambi, LenIhan, Bennett, Conway

Subs - Raya Feeney, Joao, Akpan, Tomlinson, Mahoney, Brown

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=484110#ixzz4bKfbQLj0

8. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

9. nevzter

Late goals, akin to late drinks, only promise future trouble...

COYW

10. jumpkutz

Some seasons, some athletic teams, for whatever reasons, play better on the road than at home. This season, that's our club.
    The bad news? We've got 4 more home games.
    The good news? We've got 5 more AWAY from home!
    Kidding aside, it is frustrating to cough up two 1 goal leads to an inferior team at home.
    We gotta keep plugging away, but we are starting to run out of games, time and, most importantly, points. It's pretty obvious we're going to go up or stay down with our defense.
    Conceding a penalty and a stoppage time goal with a 1 goal lead defies sanity. All we can do is get back to work and try to fix it. But at this point, we are what we are. We've just got to see games out. Cyriac should have been tonight's hero instead of a footnote.

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thought this might be a tricky one. A quick turnaround from a long trip up north against a team who was going to be happy for 1 point in their relegation fight. Obviously, 2 more points would've been great, but a point closer to 6th and the silver lining of a +10 GD on Sheffield Wed. and a +21 GD on Reading. Those 2 teams square off on Friday, so no matter the result, come Saturday Fulham will have another chance to move into a playoff spot.

13. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

You speak a lot of sense. From what i read Blackburn deserved it off of their efforts tonight.

That was our game in hand so nothing lost. UTF

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Evidently, a good number of our English brethren thought we were going to drop zero points from now to the end of the season. An early midweek match against a team fighting to stay in the division is always going to be shaky. How many times did we do this to United. Liverpool, Citeh, etc when we were fighting for 17th place every season in the Prem?

As mentioned, with Reading and Wendesday playing this weekend, all we need is a win against Wolves and we're in the top six.

This just in: I don't expect us to win every remaining match, nor to go undefeated the rest of the way.