Fulham vs. BCFC

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Fulhamburger, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Well since we played a big role in relegating them I hope none our players are injured from any rash challenges.

Prediction: 1-0 to Fulham

Zamora scores again

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Brummie 1 Fulham 1 [EJ]

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

hmmmm; right score; wrong scorer. It was SuperTaffy that got our goal. Dempsey didn't play, having played -- along with Andranik and Nevland -- with the reserves Friday night.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... ulham.aspx
    Most interesting comment for me was to the effect that Roy seems to have settled on his "midfield 4" of Bullard, Murphy in the middle and Davies and Gera wide. Also, it sounded as if Zamora was playing a traditional "inside left" forward and was matched up with Seol. I'm wondering now whether Deuce and Seol are going to vie for the supporting striker role. Each is basically a midfielder. Hmmm.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

From the reports, Dempsey played a forward role in the reserve match and had two goals and an assist on a cross. Nevland played the other forward.

5. sublicon

sublicon New Member

why do we predict things like "EJ IS GONNA SCORE" when there is absolutely zero precedent set?

Davies is gonna have another big year, methinks. I also think Zamora's knocks on the door are going to turn into bulges in the auld onion bag.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

EJ has shown time and again that he can score goals -- and that when he does, they come in bunches. He did it with the USMNT. He did it with Dallas, and just last season he did it with Kansas City. I believe he'll be among the goals this season as well. He's streaky. He'll have a hot streak with us. Unfortunately, he'll have a cold streak as well.

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I, and probably many others, hope you are right, Don. Until it happens, I am afraid I am as skeptical as the many others on here.

8. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

To be honest, I understand the result doesn't matter - but I don't like reading that the team didn't maintain it's performance in the second half. Hopefully, they'll do better against Torino.

In short, he'll be like all the other strikers Fulham has - hot at times, cold every other time, and will have a couple goals. He'll be fine.

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I don't put much stock in EJ's capabilities in the prem. He has the physical capabilities to be successful, but he also lacks the mental aspect of the game. Hopefully that comes in time. The timing of his runs and when to take on defenders are lacking. If EJ nets 8 goals this season I will be happy, but that will come down to the amount of first team action he sees.