Fulham v Neverton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by IndyCottager, Aug 31, 2009.

1. IndyCottager

IndyCottager New Member

What does everyone think about this match? I think its going to be really interesting given that they have started so slowly and our form has been terrible the last couple games. Both will surely want to use this game to correct problems.

I could see a 0-0 draw here. Most likely very boring to watch.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's tough to tell, Indy. We've got a couple of weeks, plus ia international break and a Europa Cup tie. Who knows what the fitness levels or rosters of either team will look like.

Something to ponder though.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Definitely a tough one to judge, would be hoping for home field advantage to kick in and we take all 3.

A few goals from FFC wouldn't go amiss!

4. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

PLEASE can we have Murphy back by then.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

The first Europa match isn't until after Everton. It's that match at Wolves, 45 hours after the match in Sofia, that really worries me as far as fitness is concerned. That'll be a real test of Woy's willingness to use some other players.

Playing Saturday after Thursday really is brutal, isn't it? Looks like there are a bunch of those - can't they be moved to Sunday?

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Surely it's going to be moved. Teams that play on Thursday always have their games moved to Sunday.

As far as the Everton match goes, I'd happily take a 4-2 loss. Why? Because that means we actually scored a couple of goals. After the Villa match, I don't know if I could keep it on the channel if we look that disinterested in scoring again.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i'm under the impression that practically all matches on saturday's that involve a europa/uefa team get moved to sunday.

which stinks for me because i am going to miss the entire fall because i work at farmers market on sun mornings. and stinks for the others here that go to church.

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

That's why God invented DVRs - so we can attend church without missing the games. 8)

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

speaking of, you can burn those onto dvds right?

if someone wants to be an entrepreneur, i'll be customer #1!

10. jmh

jmh New Member

In case anyone wasn't aware, this will be live on FSC.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm going to DVR the sermon and watch the match live.

Oh, your attention is invited to American Mike's latest article on the front page listing all the matches moved to Sunday because of Europa Cup action.

12. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I will be at the bar with a work friend of mine who I finally broke down and got interested in soccer. I had him choose Everton because of Tim Howard. We need a win or it could be a long time before the return leg in the office!

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

You know SC, it would have been okay if you convinced your friend to pick Everton as his second team :roll:

First and foremost the captain needs to be on the field. Second, the lads need to play w/some energy.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be watching the USA/TNT match tonight before doing my match report. I wouldn't have been too upset had Clint gotten a card in the 90th minute against El Sal so that he could come home. It'll be interesting to see if Bobby Z plays.

Elsewhere, Hughes, Hangeland, and Riise played the full 90 on Wednesday, although Gera did not feature at all. I couldn't get a lineup for Ghana's match today, but perhaps they let Paintsil go home after their qualification on Saturday.

Several Everton players also featured today, of course, so it'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out. Both teams playing on Sunday will have players tired from the international load PLUS players getting ready for more European matches.

I've heard references to AJ being fit enough to be at least in the squad, and possibly even a cameo by Simon. I haven't heard anything about Cap'n Danny, but I agree with the distinguished gentleman from LA LA about our need to have him in the lineup and focused.

We're gonna win 2-1.

15. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Great. More Sunday games. Brewy doesn't serve until 12:30 because of the stupid, archaic Georgia Blue Laws :mad:! Oh well...second-half cider isn't so terrible, I suppose.

16. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Recent history says we win, recent form says we can't score. I'll split the difference and say we draw 0-0 in an ugly one. Hard to call since we don't know who will be back and who won't. Hopefully the extra week helps with that.

17. LOBO

LOBO New Member

Tough one to call.

Neverton has had a slow start and looked very disorganized at times. Part of me thinks that the Lescott transfer saga had much to do with the team's poor start and we could see a revitalized side.

Along with injuries to key players, I feel like Fulham has yet to really settle into this season's campaign and the break may have done some good.

I'm hoping the break has given some of new faces a chance to acclimate themselves into the team structure and also allowed for the niggling injuries that are plaguing some of the players to subside.

Here's to hoping we see our own version of a revitalized and rejuvenated side this Sunday.

COYW!

18. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Tough match to call. I'm thinking Fulham may lose this game. It's a big game for both teams as far as generating some positive momentum goes.

It's a winnable game for Fulham though, and hopefully they can get 3 points here.

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

From the good news dept. (on the offal); Simon, AJ, Bobby, and the Captain are all available.

From the oh no dept. (also on the offal); The big Aussie is doubtful (got hurt against South Korea) between the sticks. I guess this means Stockdale or Zuber, in other words...Ugh.

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Well Everton broke the 'cannot win on the road' hex in May, so that bet is off.

But Roy LOVES to prepare, and I think he'll get this one right. Again, I'll miss most of the match, again.

"I work hard for the money, so hard for it honey. I work hard for the money, so Fulham better treat me right"...