FULHAM V. Middlesborough - The Million Pound Game?!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 4, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

If results go our way and we put up an effort good enough to get all three points, this match could mean another million pounds for Fulham.

We have a few things on our side for this weekend. Its our last match of the season and we are at home. It has been confirmed that Middlesborough will only take a MAXIMUM of 400 with them down to Craven Cottage, thus since its a sell out, there will be 22,000 Fulham fans getting behind the boys. I can see a party atmosphere in the making.

Fulham really need to end this season on a high note, just like last season, so we'll be throwing everything at them.

I'm not sure about line up due to the recent injuries so I'll hold off for another day or two.

COYW's

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Fulham had BETTER win or it's sayonara to CC.

Imagine my surprise, tonight to come home and see that Fulham had lost to Sunderland.... not just that's so bad, but that Radz was the one who scored.

Evidently CC doesnt believe much in 'game plans'... or that others use them.

If Sund's D had the ability to use what they learned, in the previous, to bottle up the usual strikers, thus Radz surprising them... why wouldnt cookie change things around a little to keep them off balance?
    - - - - -
    I saw that happen last week in the Crew's 1-0 loss to KC. Sigi had the team bringing the ball through the mid, with NO long ball or over-top passing, plus all players were told to go get the ball back, if they lost it.
    That kept us entertained and KC totally off balance, almost the entire match.

O'Neill for Fulham!

3. Zack

Zack New Member

totally gutted when i came home to read the match report against sunderland....i mean to be fair we are up and they are making like the red knight in Cable Guy...but moral w's and l's aside...the money lost and possible build on to next year w/ the string of wins would have been huge....a win against boro will still be huge, send the new england boss off in style! I still support CC, but next year will be his deciding year i think (if not gone after this game...hope not, not sure if that would be best for the boys coming back)....but 3 years is the "magic" year that most coaches are given to have their system or program established...lets hope the summer shows to be a fruitfull one and that top 10 can be uttered in the SW6.......wish the game would be on...but i think we can all get by this summer with a little cup competition coming on from germany....anyone heard of it???

COYW's!!!!

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

This is a great time to play Boro since they have a UEFA Cup game on Wednesday. Their top players will be looking to stay injury free for Sevilla, while Fulham can go out and play hard in front of their home fans. 2-0 Fulham.

5. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

are you kidding?!?!?!?! it's the dressing room talking all the way.... fulha, better not put it's heels in about the management or i'll be annoyed.....either way it'll be a great celebration at the GL tomorrow!!

6. Zack

Zack New Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2241568?thread=2920055 not sure if this link will work, but on BBC boards it says Bridge has turned in papers to fulham...within link has a link to another site (confused yet!) that isnt much help....anyone heard if Bridge would prefer a different "work place" so to speak.......from what i've read the young guns of 'boro did well, but 3 points is 3 points and as Dr. Evil says "One Million....pounds" is nice to end with....makes you really day dream what even 2 more away wins would be like!!! Oh well, next year a 11th or better finish is expected i think.....cheers all

7. thesportingrogue

thesportingrogue New Member

I know Boro were resting their usual suspects, but a win is still a win. I'm surprised, but happy, that we finished so high in the table-- especially after dropping so many road games.

After reading Chicago Tom's recent column I'm feeling more generous toward our manager, too. CC has been able to keep us in the Prem with a shoestring budget. I think we have every reason to hope for better things next season: if we finished respectably even after weathering so many misfortunes in 05/06, how well could we do if we catch a few breaks in 06/07!

COYW!