Fulham v Hamburger @ the Cottage

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Clevelandmo, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It meant "someone from Hamburg," long before it meant fried animal fat.

their coach has been on the precipice for a long time. There's been an open clubhouse revolt for a long time. When you bench your GK for going to a movie even though he got back before bed check, you've lost the plot.

We're going to win on Thursday, by the way.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Desperation has set in at Hamburg, and that has mixed effect on Players and Whole Teams. It can either galvanize the cause against all odds or send them flailing further into the abyss.

I am not quite as confident as Our Mad Hatter, but I like our chances better than if this team were in good form and without any of the turnover and drama.

It should be a memorable semi-final final at The Cottage.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I'm not confident at all that we will win. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see us making a European final. It just doesn't happen to teams like us.

2-1 to Hamburg who get a late goal as we're pushing forward to win the game.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Fulhamish!!!!

I feel ya. I'm gonna 'stay away'... that's how I deal with it.

But that only worked 50-50 for me on the W.E.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hold the phones, who are you? and what have you done with the 24? Mr. "I have high expectations for all my teams" don't change now!! You are right Fulham isn't going to make European runs too often. I'd even further it by saying this might be the one opportunity to get to an European final in our lifetimes. Winning this match is our only option, our only prediction, our only thought. BELIEVE!!!

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Some good news (maybe??). It looks as though Pants is eligible for Thursday (maybe??). Fingers-crossed that he can be selected, it would give Roy options and Kelly on the bench (both good things)

8. jmh

jmh New Member

Source? No offense to Kelly, but I'd certainly rather see JP out there if it were possible.

Edit to add: For what it's worth, he is listed on this roster on uefa.com.

9. Clevelandmo

I thought their name was Hamburg SV because that's how I've always seen them listed. However, if you wiki them it looks like their name is actually Hamburger SV. I wonder if it's Eintracht Frankfurt is Frankfurter.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I believe there's enough in the tank for one more victory at the Cottage...this squad has too much pride to capitulate at home in the semi-final.

COYW

11. Bradical

Bradical Member

Nevzter, where did you get that great avatar?

Thursday can't come fast enough - what an excruciating wait. "Take me home, Craven Cottage!"

12. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Mo, I have an affinity for what you are doing right now. I picture you totally cracking yourself up with this line of joking,...and I LOVE IT!

My wife says, "Jokes are funny to other people." I say, "Bah, if I think its funny, sometimes that's good enough!"

13. Clevelandmo

There is much to be said for "cracking yourself up". Happy you agree, but not surprised as I've seen it more than once from you.

14. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Nothing has impressed me about Hamburg when I've watched them play this season & there's no reason to believe we can't defeat them Thursday.

2-0 Fulham and a date with Athletico Madrid in Hamburg (thats right, sorry Reds)

15. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I'm seriously going crazy trying to wait for Thursday. I've also played Mike's youtube clip about 20 times and have it play in the background as I work. I actually checked flights to hamburg yesterday and they were running $2300 for the dates i could take. My wife just said "that's nice." I think that means no. I'm going with a 1-0 victory.

16. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Can't wait until Thursday! Wish there was some way I could get out of work, but alas, it is the end of the school year and it is officially crazy time!

Nevzter...I want your avatar. That's not a euphemism...

I'm not making any predictions because I'm superstitious and do not want to be the one to jinx.

COYW!

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

18. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Are you done with all the standardized testing yet Terri? Or are you private? If the former, then school is pointless from here on out!

19. sullytex

sullytex Member

DT, let me say this, if it helps your cause, I will buy your ticket, in fact, I will buy as many tiks as my season ticket allows me and contribute the ticket to any fusa member for the small price of a pint of hefewiezen in Hamburg.

It is killing me as I did not buy a ticket for Thursday's game as I was supposed to have repatriated to the US last Saturday but was delayed by our friends in Iceland. Working all angles, and if all else fails, I will be down outside the cottage making deals with ticket touts. If that fails it will be back to the golden Leon to watch it with the locals. Aarghh!

Have tentative board approval from the chairman of Sullivan inc (the wife) to go if....err....when fulham make the final. No guarantees, but I will pull all strings to get to Hamburg.

Very serious on the above offer to my fellow FUSA'ers. Let's chat after the victory! Coyws!

20. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

You're not going to be going in and out of the chatroom with every goal again, I hope?

I'll pick. I liked us for 2-0 but the manager thing throws it off a little. I think that will loosen them up and make the Burgers more likely to score. We got chances with very little offensive effort last go round....so 3-1, and the city of Hamburg is bombarded with "London Calling".

Good luck Sully, if there was ever a day to be at the Cottage this is it.