FULHAM v. Everton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Apr 27, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Same line up???

This is a tough one. Papa may be back but he most likely won't start. Steeeed may get the start and I think he should...our midfield was good but Lee looked slow.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I think Radz should stay in on the right wing. Replace Pembo or Clarkie with Papa and we are good to go. That means I think Steed should start on the bench.

I think CJ and B-Mac up front for us will give us solid attacking options. If we play like we did last week against Chelsea, I think a point or even three is a reasonable goal for this match.

Everton is a solid team. They have no stars but all their players are solid in attack. This will come down to a battle of the midfield. I hope our rejuventated midfield will win this battle on Saturday and enable us to win this match! We need it to ease all of our relegation fears!

3. KCAT

KCAT New Member

Radz should stay in his bed ..or at least sit this one out....the toffies hate him ....correction !!!they loved him until he got mouthy last summer . To them he is like Sean to us ...min a point..... a win will fininh the worry!!!
    He was also 'slow' in the first half of the Chell game ///better on the 2nd ...Sreeeeed to start ...Brianis doin' great !!!

4. martin

martin New Member

Everton is a tough side that doesn't concede many goals. I don't see this being a high-scoring affair. Maybe 0-0 or 1-0. I'm encouraged by Fulham's play lately and I think they have it in them to win this one.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

One thing that plays to Fulham's advantage is that Stubbs and Pistone are both out which means david Moyes will have to look to some other players to play defense in the back.

6. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

A great start! Thankfully Coleman has gotten the 4-5-1 thing out of his system and kept both McBride and John up front...

Although it was a bit worrisome in the first minute there... for once the refs got one right!

7. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

McBride!!!! Sounded pretty... 4-4-2... never forget that Mr. Coleman!

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am pleased with the first half obviously. I guess I jus t wonder why it has taken Cookie so long to play Collins John and Brian McBride. Regardless, I am glad they are playing now and I hope they start together the rest of the season.

9. martin

martin New Member

Fulham wins, 2-0. Sweet! Fantastic performance. With a bit of luck we will be safe by tonight. Hopefully John's injury is not serious.

Cheers,
    Martin

10. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

We're SAFE!!!!!!!!

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

This is GREAT!

I am so pleased. I think Cookie's finally found it, and all my predictions may be turned to dust... Yahoo!

Welll... not ALL!
    I did predict that the team would not allow themselves to be sent down, no matter the formation. 8)

12. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Hypothetical Question:
    If we win ALL of our remaining games and results go our way and finish 12th in the league...has a relatively disappointing season become a relatively successful season? Is it all about the final league position, or does it actually matter how we get there?

13. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Safe

What a relief, its been a crazy couple of weeks, and to be honest its sort of an anti climax, but an anti climax i will take any day. Since CC changed the line up and gave Mcbride a role to play instead of bench warmer this team as looked premiership status, it was obvious from the moment he came on against Portsmouth, his presence opens it up for Boa on the left and gives Fulham so much more width, and add to that the fact he wins so many headers, against the champions last week he won at least 50/50 against the player of the year and the team of the year, he deserves this time in the sun, and i for one as a Fulham man would not begrudge him another season on the team, if he gets a chance to show what he can add to the makeup. Results are what counts and since the dropping of the one man up front and McBride coming in they have been there, a draw at home against a now very good Man city team, a draw aginst a boro team who thrashed west brom and drew with liverpool today and newcastle away on weds, and a very good game against the best team in the land however hard it is to say for a Fulham fan, Chelsea deserve their championship, but Fulham played them tough, and now to beat a team that sits fourth and do it by all accounts comfortably bodes well for the future, and hope shows CC the way to go. Thanks to the team I will have a very good rest of the weekend and sleep very well tonight, and now look forward to what i believe will be some very good performances in Fulhams last three games.

14. Simon.Hubbard

Simon.Hubbard New Member

We were fantastic today. All the players worked their socks off. Atmosphere was superb, as was the weather, makes a change to be warm at the Cottage!! Best of all we are safe. COYW :lol:

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

- from BBC match report

Just when I'm all warm and fuzzy and glowy about Coleman leading the team into next season, having learnt something about ego and hard-headedness... he comes out with this load of crap.

We will see how the players take it... if they go into the dumper now they are safe, then we'll know, won't we!