Fulham-Liverpool

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Oct 26, 2009.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

The UK has already switched off daylight savings time, so I think the match is at 11 eastern, 10 central, etc. It is live on Setanta according to their web site.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Setanta? 10 a.m. Central? Saturday?

Matt, is this a possiblity for the L & R?

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Looks like it might be 9 am central, but it shouldn't be a problem for me either way. Liverpool seems to attract more t-shirt fans than anyone not named ManU in this town, so there should be a decent crowd. Hopefully a disappointed one at that.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

After Ngog scored against United, you could literally feel Liverpool finding confidence and resurrecting their season. That win was probably the win that starts off one of their 10 game winning streaks. Unfortunately for Fulham, we're next up.

3-1 to Liverpool.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Got a gig Friday night and one Saturday night, but a breakfast brew at the pub sounds good for me. See you around 0900

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Mascherano was sent off late against Man United so he'll be unavailable on Saturday, for what it's worth.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

that's worth a lot. Two seasons ago, he completely bossed us off the pitch at CC. That was the day Kasey Keller was combing his hair when two eminently stoppable shots zoomed past him into goal.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It's 10 central kickoff... this being the last of the time confusion till Spring.
    I double checked Setanta {thanks, Dave} and changed the sideboard listing.

9. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

This game should be fun. I'm going to bold and predict 1-1.

I'll definitely be down at Tigin to see this one. Always a fair amount of Liverpool support down there. Should be a good time.

10. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

IMO, it all depends on Gerard. If he plays, Liverpool wins; if he doesn't we get a 1-1.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Over the last few seasons at the Cottage
    1. We've beaten the Scum
    2. We've beaten United
    3. We've beaten Arsenal TWICE
    4. We've beaten Everton several times
    5. We've beaten Aston Villa several times

Who is missing from that list?

We're getting off our duck on Saturday. Liverpool and Rafa are going down. The ONLY concern I have is whether Dorothy and The Wizard can give Schwarzer back his confidence on dead balls. If he stops giving away goals on corners, I like our chances.

1-0 to tha good guys; you heard it here first.

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

We've beaten Liverpool more recently than Chelsea.

So Liverpool defeated a poor United team, at Anfield, and all is right in the world?

Sorry, I still think they suck this season.

1-0.

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I do believe Clint scored (his first for FFC) v Liverpool, for a key 3 points in an otherwise nightmare second half of the season (in the forgettable Sanchez era).

Last year at the Cottage, they dominated us the whole second half, but couldn't score until the Benayoun goal in stoppage time.

My only prediction is for a very entertaining match...#%*@ IT, 2-1 to the Whites.

14. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Anyone reading this from the South Bend, Indiana, area? I will be in South Bend for the weekend visiting my in-laws. Love to find a spot to watch the game...and take a break from my in-laws.

A quick google search turned up a place called The Fiddler's Hearth that opens at 11:00 am EDT and gets Setanta. Any other options?

15. jmh

jmh New Member

What hair?

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

google absurdism, Josh!

And I can't believe I could possibly have forgotten "who put the ball in the Liverpool net." :shock: Clint's first ever goal for us. :oops:

I would suspect that I was completely senile -- but then I remember that I think a 3-man back line is a ludicrous idea for the USMNT in South Africa, so I know I'm not COMPLETELY senile!

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

nothing to see here; move along

18. sullytex

sullytex Member

I am going to Wales this weekend instead of the Cottage. I can't believe I just typed that. Oh the horse trading that goes on in a marriage. But I did manage extract a promise that I go to Anfield in the Spring.

Well I am a bit nervous about this one. Liverpool are coming of a very high high and I don't expect them to have a let down at Fulham. They have an opportunity to try to claw their way back into some hope of contention so I expect an all out effort. Fulham cannot let the reds control the midfield and tempo. Without Murph, someone is going to have to step up an have a big game. I am not sure when AJ is due back, but I actually feel he would be a good fit for this game. Not sure how long he would last though.

Our form has been great of late but luck has not fallen on our side but I do think it will this time. The week off won't hurt either.

1 - 0 to the Whites.

(Now I just have to get up the courage to call and turn my ticket back in...I am going to wait till Friday. Some lucky fan better buy me a pint later).

19. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I like Liverpool's back line. Especially that Carragher fellow. Indisputably blessed with the heart of a lion, he bleeds red (you know what I mean) and all that, yet I COULD BEAT HIM IN A RACE. The rest of them? I think Fulham can slot one and maybe two past them. The Sunderland beach ball game saw the Pool lucky to avoid letting in at least one more. It would require a superlative effort by Kamara and erm. Zamora to get this, but I think we can do it. Torres is back, but I think Stevie Gangsta is still out.

No prediction as I am a little nervous about our back line -- not so much Schwarzer as Brede. He is still the head of the back line, but his leadership has not een as solid as last year. Here's hoping for a clean sheet, which is eminently achievable. Even if Torres is in the lineup.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sky Sports News reports today that Gerrard is going to play on Saturday.

I still think we're gonna win.