Fulham @ Chelsea [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by krhimself, Dec 28, 2006.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

What can I say? I'm very very proud of the lads. Our supporters were in full force, as were the team -- we got a draw that we deserved.

COYSW!

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

YEAY!!!! GOOD RESULT and I'm one happy girl! My cats were afraid of me when Boca's goal went in, poor things.

COYWs!!!! :banana:

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Wonderful match; enjoyed on FSC and in th eChatroom. I thought Brown was huge today, and it was cool watching him hand over the armband to Boa when he showed up. Non-stop attacking. We need to keep doing that. Very proud of CC for taking it to them, very proud of the boys for their spirit and agression.

MOST PROUD OF THE 3200 who did most of the cheering and chanting.

By the way, Chelscum look human [vulnerable] without Terry. They'll probably sign God next week.

4. ob

ob New Member

Great result, I'm so happy about our performance and the performance of our fans. We are Fulham, Super Fulham!

5. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Excellent result. I finally got it on in the 2nd half when it was 1-1. The eChat was great as well. I just want to give a big thanks to the fans that went. We could hear you loud and clear on TV. :)

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

even when chelsea went up 2-1, i knew fulham would get the equalizer. loved how you heard the fulham crowds more so than the cska london (whoever came up with this title is a genious) crowds on fsc. just a great effort all around. heck, even cj played well. man of the match has to go to quuuuuu, as he saved fulham a lot towards the end. lets hope we can stick it to watford on monday.

come on fulham!

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

Great match. Fulham earned the draw. This calls for...the dancin' banana!!

:banana:

The only concern I have is that chelsea will now try to take Brown, Volz, and Q from us, since they showed up the blue poo so well today. :D

We were discussing the MOM in the chat room. The three players above were nominated. However, I would like to nominate American Mike, Spencer, and the 3,198 other Fulham fans at the Bridge. They consistently outchanted, outspirited, and out-everythinged the chelsea frontrunners (sorry, I meant "fans").

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And in the old "all those Yanks look alike" department, this from ESPN SOCCERNET:

"Chelsea slipped six points behind league leaders Manchester United as DaMarcus Beasley's first goal for Fulham earned his side a 2-2 draw in the west London derby. The champions fought back from a goal down, thanks again to hot-shot Didier Drogba, only for Beasley to strike late on. Meanwhile, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson watched his side beat Reading 3-2 - the perfect present for his 65th birthday"

9. martin

martin New Member

Sweet! A point at Stamford Bridge is a great way to kick off my birthday!

:banana:

10. BC

BC New Member

Aliright!!!! What a great match. Taking points off Chelski makes my season. I'm sure I looked the fool shouting and pumping my fist as I listened to the last 20 minutes in my car in the parking lot at work. I can't wait for the litany of excuses from Sh*tford Bridge!

11. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Everyone knows God has dodgy knees, that's why Man U released him.

There is an old saying from the Fulham Fanzine (There's Only One F In Fulham) that, where the press are concerned - near enough is good enough for Fulham.

I make that the first game since Arsenal where passion has been part of the mix for us. I watched the Charlton game in a pub with 6 mates who were very scathing of the Fulham performance. This sounded like a much better go. Hopefully we can carry it into the next game - 2007 is our year!!!

COYW

12. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Side note: Volzy's opener was the 15,000th goal in Premiership history. How cool is that.

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Guts laying all over the field. Wow! Deserved a draw, deserved a win. Don't believe the missed handball (by Brown) means Chelscum deserved anything more from this match. We played hard for 90:00 + and they played hard for 90:00 +. With this squad, we looked like we could hang with them on any given Saturday (or Sunday or Monday or Wednesday).

Sidenote: Boa was unimpressive. Whend do we get to cash in?

Another Sidenote: Welcome aboard Dempsey!! See you in a couple of weeks.

14. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

That was amazing that Volz has that honor. The game was great. Chelsea had so many chances that just missed. If only Liam jumped over that Lampard shot I am almost sure it would have been wide. We had some great chances as well. Routledge should have pounded that one home that was tee-ed up for him.

Great point, currently in 11th. Way to go! Get three points this Monday!!!

15. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well I've just made it back to my hostel after an eventful night! I may never see another Fulham game that good in person again. That would probably be alright, as what an incredible game it was. I'm so glad I was able to see it. To here all the Chelsea fans go silent was priceless.

Every thing they say about English football atmosphere is true, nothing back home can touch it in anyway. To be packed with 3,100 people and have the other 40k in the stadium hating your guts is fantastic, particularly when the other 40k happen to be such incredible asswipes. Now that I've seen Chelsea supporters up close I can verify that they are indeed asswipes and the Bridge really does smell like cabbage.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Spencer, There's a lot of us over here enjoying your trip vicariously. YOur name came up quite often in the Chat room. Hope you know how loud you guys are; you did us all proud.

YOu gonna be there for the Watford match, or are you on your way back!

17. psand22

psand22 Member

Another great team effort effort...it's hard to pick the Man of the Match. Routledge is looking good on the right and I can't wait for him to get that 1st goal...I bet the flood gates will open up for him.

We might not have a lot of players available, but the ones who can....play with a lot of heart...and that's a powerful thing.

18. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Well deserved point, they earned it, and I was thrilled Boca scored!

Routledge has great ball control and did an excellent job but I can't believe he wasted BOTH great chances.

19. john_fulham

john_fulham New Member

What a result

I thought today's game was awesome but to say it was better than arse at home i personnally don't think so. They all worked hard and loved every minute of it today and i can hold my head up high and also to have chelscum fans phone me after and say we deserved the win was also good. Volz should stay in midfield he has been the difference there but i cannot say anyone played bad (except collins john he still doesn't work hard enough) but yes what a result keep it up fulham let's win on Monday. COYW

20. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: What a result

Hello everyone. Just stopped in to see how Fulham was doing (there's no internet at my new job). Great result today, wish I could have seen the game.

I got a brand new Chelsea Jersey for christmas, my mom was a little bit confused when she was in the airport in London, any suggestions?