Fulham @ Chelsea [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by krhimself, Dec 28, 2006.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

In two days, we'll be making a short trip to the Stamford Public Library to play the Roman Abramovich All-Stars. We'll go in with some momentum after that dramatic draw at Charlton (thanks Qu3!), while CSKA might be reeling a bit after losing John Terry to injury and settling for a draw at home against Reading.

That said, I think Coleman might favor a more defensive formation against a still-stronger team. The best I'm hoping for is a draw, or a 0-1 win on a counter if lucky.

More from Cookie regarding the match: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... elf-belief

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Fulham vs CSKA London

Pisses me off, ...I'm gonna have to work through yet another match!

I call for yet another draw...

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I will be watching on FSC Saturday morning with my [at Fog's request] unlaundered McBride jersey. Wish I could be as positive as krhimself, but The Poo were going to be tough enough during normal times. After two sub-standard outings in a row, they're going to be loaded for bear, wolf, aardvark, and gnu. My greatest hope is that we don't add to our injury list. COYW; stay out of Emergency Ward 10!

Same lineup as against Charlton except Claus starts instead of HH. No score prediction.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Good call on the line-up, Don. Claus floats to the front anywho, so kind of a mid-striker. I think the squad will be ramped up in one for the ages.

Bench:
    John
    Zakuani
    Runstrom
    Omozusi
    Latsuvka

Final: Chelscum 1-1 Fulham

5. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

For any hattrick players we have here, its clear to me that Fulham has PIC'd the last two matches, and with the team spirit up we are ready to MOTS this Saturday. It will be nice to have Claus' set piece abilities back, as that has been clearly missed in the past couple weeks

Niemi
    Rosenior Christanval Boca Qu3
    Routledge Brown Jensen Radzinski
    McBride John

Bench:
    Volz
    Runstrom
    Zakuani
    Omozusi
    Lastuvka

Final: 2-2, goals by Tomasz "White Ronaldinho" Radzinski and Cyborg McBride. Drogba falls down at least twice.

6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

That Charlton game was heartening in that they battled back to get something out of what seemed to be a sure loss. It was disheartening as the Fulham defense was as thick as a wet t-shirt and provided just as much coverage, leading to a botched lead and requiring a miracle to get any points.

Fulham NEEDS to be on top form against Chelsea. They have battled back from nearly a sure loss/tie against Wigan to win it late. Fulham has to play full bore for 90 minutes. That means no resting, no sloppy passing (so many potential scoring opportunities/attacks were blown due to an errant pass in the Charlton, it made me sick), AND IF A LONG BALL IS GOING TO THE KEEPER ONE OF THE DEFENDERS SHOULD CLEAR IT OUT. Sorry on the caps, the Bent goal still infuriates me.

Anyway, let's try a diamond 4-4-2. Or a regular 4-4-2 with these roles:
    GK: Niemi
    D: Rosenior Christanval Volz Quedurue
    DM: Brown
    M: Routledge Radzinski
    AM: Jensen
    F: McBride Helgueson

Bench: Lastuvka, Omozusi, Runstrom, Bocanegra, John (who stays far the hell away from the pitch - offsides calls don't win games, Cookie)

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Jensen is out along with Helguson. Boa will be on the bench?

http://www.eecho.ie/news/bstory.asp?j=2 ... =205546306

Line up:

----------------------------------- Niemi ---------------------------------

-- Rosenior ----- Bocanegra --------- Christanval ----- Queudrue --

--- Routledge ------- Volz ---------------- Brown ---------- Radz -----

---------------- John ---------------------------- McBride ---------------

Bench:
    Lastuvka
    Runstrom
    Zakuani
    Omozusi
    Boa Morte (bet he'll have tons to talk about with these other guys)

Final: Scum 1-1 Fulham

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, losing Claus sucks big wazoo, but if we can keep John onside this might be a great chance for him to showcase his undoubted talent.

Op? FFC? Gonna be in the Chatroom tomorrow? I'll be there cursing at FSC and tapping away on the laptop.

COYW!

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

The 3,200

Fulham fans have sold out their allotment of tickets so we'll be bringing 3,200 supporters. We will probably get hammered but its all about making Chelsea realize that Fulham is a real football team with real supporters.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: The 3,200

Great take, HatterDon! Looks like you are back into writing and publishing. Add it to the CV.

C'mon, Mike!!! 3,200 Hundred Strong, Here's to Fulham Supporters Not Being Wrong!!

Come ON, Ful-'am!!! clap, clap,..clap, clap, clap

11. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

RE: The 3,200

Good news for the superstitious crowd - I'm going to have to go into work for a few hours tomorrow morning. I'll miss the game, but Fulham has taken at least a point in every league game this season played while I was at work.

12. DCDave

DCDave Member

Re: RE: The 3,200

What's your bosses phone number? I can e-mail him Fulham's schedule for the rest of the season... :lol:

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks for the kind words, PCB. Just pinch hitting for ChiTom.

Hmmm; kinda makes you want to run right out and buy my book, don't it? :3d smile:

14. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well I'm really pretty pesimistic about this one. With our injuries it'll be real tough. If were to be competitive we have to step it up big time from the last match.

Despite my negative outlook I'm really excited to go to the match. I learned a new song the other night that goes somthing along the lines of

"black and white you'll never pass; shove the blue flag up your ass"

It'll sound great with 3,200 hundred singing it :D

15. BC

BC New Member

Let's take it to the Chelsea bastards. I cringe at the very mention of the Blue Poo and I'm a long ways away from England. I can't imagine if I lived there...probably would have been in a fight or two :).

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'd like to see Runstrom make an appearance off the bench....let him run down Cuducini or whoever the hell they got back there and take him out too!!!!

17. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

The Times Online has a preview of the game, looking at both teams We're going to see John and McBride up top. Here's the key section relevant to the game:

I love that quote so much, I bolded it. I also hope John causes problems for the blueshi(r)ts moreso than the good guys. I also hope I don't hurt my head banging it against the wall for the eventual offsides calls.

18. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Re: The 3,200

Now that is what I'm talking about! COYSW

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

as someone wrote earlier (too lazy to quote them), i also am really excited for this match...although i feel it will be a total demolition. nevertheless, if we can shut drogba down, things may be interesting. i think he's scored like 99% of their goals the past few matches. i know its an obvious/impossible thing to ask, but its a starting point.

come on fulham!

20. krhimself

krhimself New Member

My goodness, we've just taken the lead at the Library. :shock: Can it last? We'll have to see.

EDIT: Almost half-way through the match, all I hear on the live stream are Fulham fans. Let's keep that going!