Fulham Alumni Report

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Aug 9, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

CCC

1. Coventry 2 - Norwich 0 -- Cookies team won. Stefanovich and Omozusi started for Norwich, and played the whole 90 minutes. Stefo got a yellow.

2. Charlton 2 - Swansea 0 -- Bouazza made an appearance on 83 minutes.

3. QPR 2 - Barnsley 1 -- The Invisible Man played the whole 90 and assisted on the 2nd goal.

LEAGUE 2

1. Bradford City FC 2 -- Notts County 1 -- Thomas Moncur came on as a late sub.

2. Wycombe 1 - Morcambe 1 -- Nathan Ashton was an unused sub.

FRANCE LEAGUE 1

1. Rennes 1 Olympique Marseilles 3 [after only 40 minutes!] -- Boca started in Rennes defense. uh; this isn't good.

Couldn't remember any other guys who are still around that I could find. Really looking forward to Saturday.

2. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

This thread is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks Don

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I had read the article on espnsoccernet today that Bouzza had been loaned out. I think that was a smart move. Hopefully he can get some more experience under his belt and be a force in the 2009/2010 season.

But I did not know Stef and Omz had been loaned out. I imagine it will be great for Omosuzi since he is still young and showed some real potential last season. And it's good for Stefanovich to get some solid playing time.

Thanks for the updates, HD!

Can't wait for next weekend!!

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Re: RE: Fulham Alumni Report

Second that! Appreciate the effort, HD.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Match ended 4 - 4 and Boca played all 90.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sunday update:

Charity Shield Match -- ManU 0 - Pompey 0 [United 3-1 in penalties] -- Papa Bouba Diop played the whole match for Pompey.

CCC

1. Forest 0 Reading 0 -- Liam Rosenior and Marcus Hahnemman played 90.

Didn't see any others of our tribe. I'm sure I've missed some.

Quicksdraw, Omozusi has indeed been loaned out, but Stefo was transferred out and is permanently gone.

Thanks for the encouragement and contributions.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Boca looks good in the red and black!

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Thought I would add in others that I saw:

Gabriel Zakuani started and played the full 90 in for Peterborough in their 1-1 draw with Northampton Town on Saturday.

Moritz Volz started and played the full 90 yesterday for Ipswich Town in their 2-2 draw with Southampton. Their is a picture of Volzy celebrating with goal scorer Alan Quinn here:

http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ma ... 72,00.html

Volzy assisted on the goal and played a hand in their first goal as well.

Eddie Johnson was an unused substitute in Cardiff City's 1-0 victory over Barnsley on Tuesday. Johnson has only made 1 substitute appearance for Cardiff since he began his loan and did have one unproductive start in League Cup play.

I was going to put Collins John on there as well but then I thought, who gives a @%!@!

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He wasn't in Nijmegen's squad in the UEFA Cup today -- make of that what you will.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

We have a UEFA Cup thread!!!!!!!!!!

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

burn! Nev, you aimin' for some payback on Donny Boy? :)

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

huh? wha I do?

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

More reports:

From 9/20/08
    Gabby Zakuani scored his first goal for Peterborough in their 2-2 home draw with Tranmere. Go to this link http://www.theposh.premiumtv.co.uk/page ... 30,00.html
    to see a picture of Gabby heading home the equalizer in his home debut with the Posh.

Mortiz Volz once again featured in the Ipswich Town first XI and helped the Tractor boys to a 0-0 draw at Sheffield Wednesday. Town controlled most of the match and Volzy did a nice job clearing a dangerous cross in the 61st minute.

Michael Timlin played 90 minutes before being subbed out of Swindon Town's 1-1 draw with Stockport in League 1 action. Timlin played on the left wing and had one cross headed off the bar and a shot that was deflected just wide.

Carlos Bocanegra played the full 90 in Rennes 0-0 draw at Nancy.

Elliot Omozusi went the distance in Norwhich City's 1-0 win over Sheffield United at Carrow Road. Dejan Stefanovich neither played nor was on the sub list.

Nathan Ashton came on in the 69th minute and helped Wycombe Wanderers hold off Dag & Red for a 2-1 win, having to play with only 10 men for over 70 minutes.

Hameur Bouzza went the distance for Charlton Ahletic in their 0-0 draw at Notingham Forest. Bouazza showed plenty of energy as he peppered the goal with shot after shot, but most were off target and the few that were on were saved. He had a hand ball appeal on a header turned down as well.

Former Fulham player Tomasz Radzinski played his second match for Lierse in the Belgian League and was on the wrong end of a 1-0 score versus Ostend. Radzinski still suffers from a serious bout of unabletoscoreitis as he whiffed in front of goal for Lierse. He also had numerous chances in his first match with the squad. Here is his interview for those of you french speakers out there:
    http://www.lierse.com/nl/video/tomasz-r ... men-lierse

if you do listen you might hear the words "and uh" and "overall" in their. Sure he doesn't finish, but Radz was always one of my favorites and left everything he had on the field every time he played.

9/24/08
    Moritz Volz played the full 90 for Ipswich Town in their 4-1 Carling Cup defeat at the hands of Wigan Athletic. Although the final scoreline would suggest otherwise, the Tractor Boys held their own against Wigan and were unlucky the result was not closer.

Steve Davis went the whole match as Rangers needed extra time to dispatch Patrick Thistle 2-1 at Firhill Stadium. Davis assisted on Kris Boyd's goal, and also set up two other golden oppotunities that went by the wayside because of poor finishing. As a side note, American Demarcus Beasley entered the match in the 73rd minute and was a thorn in Thistle's side, continuously beating the right back. His poor crosses kept Rangers from having good opportunities on goal until finally he assisted Pedro Mendes for the winner.

Wayne Routledge came off the bench in the 67th minute but was unable to help Villa overcome QPR at Villa Park in Carling Cup play, losing 1-0. Routledge sent a shot wide of goal, and held on to the ball too long, missing an opportunity to cross. On a sidenote, Amerian Brad Guzan played the whole match for Villa.

15. LOBO

LOBO New Member

This thread rocks! :rock:

Nice work in keeping it up to date boys!

16. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Chris James has 3 goals in 14 league appearances for Tampere United in Finland. I think he's also played a few Champions League games for them.

Ian Pearce has joined his hometown club Oxted & District FC, and scored in his debut. And good for him. He could still be a very good player for a lower league side, or a decent backup for a Championship (or possibly even Premiership) club, but I'm willing to bet he's having a lot more fun doing this.

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

18. jmh

jmh New Member

The story about Pearce going to play for Oxted is really neat.

Edit: Especially the part where excitement over his signing led to them drawing a record crowd of 150.

19. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yep! 150 rabid fans!

20. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

back with more reports:

Eddie Johnson has all but disappeared from the Cardiff City lineup. He didn't play in their 2-1 Home victory over former Fulham Manager/Player Chris Coleman's Coventry City side on Sept 30, and came on for the last 5 mintues of their 1-1 draw vs Blackpool on Oct 4. Blackpool leveled in injury time and Johnson's replacement Ross McCormack has had no problem finding goal, hitting the back of the net 6 times in 9 appearances. Something tells me EJ may not find the field any time soon barring injury.

Peterborough's Gaby Zakuani went off injured in the Posh's 2-1 win over MK Dons on Sept. 27. No goals had been scored when Zakuani was forced out of action. Gaby returned to the Posh lineup on Oct. 4 and helped them to a 2-0 clean sheet over Leeds United with Zakuani just missing wide on a header opportunity towards goal.

Hameur Bouzza played the full 90 for Charlton Athletic in their 2-1 loss to Sheffield Wednesday on Sept. 27. Bouazza had several chances but scuffed them all. Bouzza went the distance again for Charlton in their 1-0 loss to Crystal Palace on Sept. 30. Hamuer continued to be a thorn in the oppositions side but once again left several chances begging. He did have one chance tipped over the bar by the GK. Finally, on Oct 4, Bouazza again went this distance and this time one of his gaffe's led to the game winner as Charlton beat Ipswich 2-1. Bouzza whiffed on a cross but in doing so had the ball ricochet off another former Cottager Moritz Volz for an own goal and the game winner. Bouazza was dangerous going forward again and if the man ever learns how to put his strikes on target we may see him back in the black and white soon.

Moritz Volz was unfortunate to be on the wrong end of the winning goal in Ipswich's match against Charlton as that was his first action back in the lineup for Ipswich since sustaining a thigh injury in training after playing the full 90 vs Wigan in the Leauge Cup on Sept. 24.

more details to come