Felix's letters/thoughts to supporters

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Aug 28, 2014.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/august/28/thoughts-from-the-manager?

"Contrary to statements made by previous players, we are working with a very positive attitude and a feeling of togetherness exists within our squad. This enables us to work in an environment devoid of selfishness. Having accessed the squad over the past five games, I do believe that we are getting closer to an established starting 11, which will result in more stability."

We'll see. I like that he tries to communicate to supporters, but in the end he's never really going to tell us the whole truth. I guess he always starts out in a lose/lose situation with these letters, especially when the team isn't performing well.

AggieMatt and encorespanish like this.
  2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

You're last sentence nails it. Additionally, trying to convince fans they should be less critical is a fool's errand he can only lose.

That 12M for a keeper bit is horseshit. Not saying it didn't happen, but to use that as justification for buying a 38 yo journeyman to support the youngsters in lieu of getting an experienced starting gk leaves a lot of middle ground unaccounted for.

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_yl...h&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1

I'm not saying Khan and Magath didn't have a point, but this is why you don't publicly point fingers like that. I don't necessarily blame MAF for the response EXCEPT...now we have a public spat played out in the media and while both sides profess to care about Fulham, neither seems to give a shit about making it look bad.

dcheather likes this.
  4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yup, if there's one thing that perturbs me greatly is this need for those currently in charge to blame current problems on those who were in charge in the past. There may or may not be anything there to support their claims. But it comes off childish on both parties. Let it go men and focus on the now.

Like I said above...these communications end up being a lose/lose situation. It also just divides some supporters by choosing an opposing camp's arguments. Not very helpful given the predicament the club faces at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

6. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

These letters have seemed pretty redundant to me. Each one simply states, "we have a plan and it will take time" followed by a bunch of retorts to media (social and professional) articles. It just comes off to me like he's only worried about clearing his name. And I absolutely agree that the back and forth with MAF is junior high childishness.