Columbus People - Help!

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by quickdraw, Aug 22, 2009.

1. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I know this isn't exactly Fulham news, so I'm sorry if this shouldn't go here.

Last week I got selected for a position down at Columbus' ANG unit. I also found out the same day that Mrs. quickdraw is pregnant with our first child. So I am wondering if any local Columbus fans have any suggestions for areas to look for relatively cheap apartments that aren't unsafe for a new child, aka crime, etc. I'll be making about $40k to start off if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying not to spazz, but everything is kind of coming down at once so it is tough.

Thanks,

-Brandon.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I assume that's at Rickenbacker. SSW of Cols proper.
    I know some good rentals in Upper Arlington and Grandview but that's a long commute... about half hour - 45 mins at drive time.

Cols news typically doesnt report much crime in that area.

IIRC there's been some layoffs at the air park companies so the nearby rental situation should be good.