College Football 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Aug 19, 2019.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27224264/minnesota-walk-holder-talks-surviving-cancer?platform=amp

Powerful story to start the season.

Only 2 games this week, and Arizona is playing in one of them

Game of the Week:
    Miami at #8 Florida: Hate even putting a ranking up there when no games have been played, but it’s in the Swamp so going Gators

Arizona at Hawaii: My optimism for my alma mater will likely last a half, but hoping that Khalil Tate can stay healthy and the Cats can win a couple games this year.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    encorespanish likes this.
  2. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

Thanks for posting @SoCalJoe ...it's truly a wonderful and inspirational story up here in Minnesota!

SoCalJoe likes this.
  3. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

August is a great month really. Thanks for sharing SoCal.

I'm going Gators/Cats.

4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

SOOO close @SoCalJoe. While I found the highlights of the Arizona vs Hawaii game entertaining, I found the last quarter of the Florida vs Miami game frustrating. Hopefully it's just early season issues, but the amount of penalties and stupid decisions/plays wore me down.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  5. SoCalJoe

Somewhere in San Antonio @AggieMatt is nervously waiting for A&M’s brutal home opener tonight against Texas.... State :rolleyes:

There is a very good matchup this evening as Utah travels the 45 minute drive to BYU for the Holy War. Utes have won 8 straight in this series and think it continues.

Will add a few more games manana, but would be remiss to not include the easy Upset Special for the week:
    Arizona (and it’s comically bad coaching staff) will no doubt lose to some school called BYE. :cool:

Games of the Week
    #11 Oregon v #16 Auburn (at Jerry’s World in Dallas). The Pac 12 needs this win almost as much as Oregon does. Until proven otherwise have to pick the SEC team

#9 Notre Dame at Louisville. @jumpkutz Does UL have a shot?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  6. SoCalJoe

@dtowndough Hope you’ll be in Boulder as #25 Nebraska visits the Buffs in what should be a great atmosphere between old rivals.

#12 Texas A&M at #1 Clemson. Rematch of one of the best games last year. Jimbo matching wits with Dabo. 2 of the best QBs in the land. Key for @AggieMatt’s team, stop the great RB Etienne from Clemson first. Will take Clemson, but won’t be surprised if Kellen Mond leads an upset.

#6 LSU at #9 Texas; Matt’s other favorite team (yes, I’m poking the bear) is on their way back, but LSU has decided that winning by scoring 10 points a game isn’t the best strategy and has revamped their offense. Going w/the Bayou Bengals to outscore the Longhorns.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You know it's early September when Texas is in the top 10.

Go Terps!

SoCalJoe likes this.
  8. SoCalJoe

Many of the country’s best teams playing cupcakes before conference play, examples: Arkansas State at #3 Georgia, Louisiana Monroe at #16 Texas A&M, and #5 Oklahoma v UCLA :rolleyes: Not sure what happened to Chip Kelly, but the Teddy Bears are a dumpster fire:

@HatterDon Fear the Turtle! #21 Maryland at Temple is one of the best games of the week. The Terps are explosive.

#6 Ohio State at Indiana @BarryWhite The Hoosiers have given the Buckeyes all they’ve wanted in Bloomington in recent years. IU must start the game well and create a few turnovers to stay in it.

A couple bitter rivalries worth noting; Pitt at Penn State and Iowa at Iowa State (I’ll take the Big 10 teams).

Upset Alert:
    #24 USC at BYU. The winds of change at USC are howling. Lynn Swann was forced out as AD this week. The ice is melting under Coach Helton’s feet, and it’s the first road start for their true freshman QB.

encorespanish likes this.