CincyFulham

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by CincyFulham, Jul 5, 2006.

1. CincyFulham

CincyFulham New Member

Hi all, i've been lurking around the board for a while and have been a Fulham support for even longer. I try to get to England 2-4 times a year, and try to catch a match at the cottage, but I'll go to any match I can get a ticket for. (well except for Chelsea and QPR) Thanks for letting me jump on board, I had no idea that there where so many Fulham supporters in the US.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome aboard CincyFulham! I am glad you found us!

Cheers!
    Tom

3. CincyFulham

CincyFulham New Member

thanks Tom, I just finished reading your post about your trip to "The Cottage". Great story and thanks again.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Hopefully I will be writing another one after the trip in late October. I had a blast the last time I went and I assume it will be similar this next time.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hello Cincy, so the usualy questions:

How'd ya find us? Why Fulham?! England 2-4 times a year is alot...I'm sure you'll make a few people jealous here!

Welcome aboard.

6. CincyFulham

CincyFulham New Member

Actually I found the website while I was looking at player profiles and saw where Fulham USA had spronsored McBride, so here I am.

Why Fulham? Well I have to admit I was a Fulham supporter before I even realised it. I followed English football, mainly the London Clubs, and would check scores and what not in the English papers and on the internet. I watched them win the second division in 99 and first division in 01, and it was then I realized that their match was the first one I checked and was pulling for them more than I realized. So I just decided instead of sitting on the fence following several clubs I would put my support behind the one club that really frew on me Fulham FC. I took awhile to get here, but I'm here to stay.

I haven't been able to get to London as often as I like the past few years, but I planned on making a trip this fall and will probably go with the group from here in October, that is if they'll have me.

7. BoasBoy

BoasBoy New Member

Re: RE: CincyFulham

I'm new myself, so welcome! In a way, the same thing happened to me. I started loosely following Fulham but after listening to Gentleman Jim week in and week out, I all of a sudden realized I was becoming a true supporter.

I found this site after the website was on TV here in California and the site is quite busy and gets addicting! So be warned. :D

COYW's

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: RE: CincyFulham

Everyone and anyone is welcome on the trip and a few people here could tell you that it was an absolute blast the last couple of years. The local supporters are always giving us help and even putting a few of us up for the long weekend. We couldn't of asked for more supportive or helpful fan base in the world because they really go out of their way to make you feel at home.