Brazil V. Ghana [R]

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BoasBoy, Jun 27, 2006.

1. BoasBoy

BoasBoy New Member

This will be an interesting match and I would say it will be decided by two goals at the max.

Brazil hasn't found their form yet and Ghana although lucky against our USA team, has been working hard as a team.

3-1 Brazil but I am keeping in mind this could be the shock of the tournament.

P.S.
    I hate Michael Essien

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yeah, but the kid can play. I'm going to wind up missing the majority of the match, but this is one I would really enjoy to be in the stadium for. Should be plenty of flash. I like the 3-1 Brazil also.

Welcome aboard, BoasBoy, by the way. Was out your way in May on vacation. My goodness, it's gorgeous out there!

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: Brazil V. Ghana [R]

I find it very interesting how Essien looks to be so much better of a player when playing for Ghana and even when he played for Lyon. However, when playing for Chelsea, he just seems out of it.

I obviously do not like Chelsea, but I am saying this as a general observer of the Premiership. If Mourinho ever learned how to incorporate and maximize the talent in all of his players Chelsea would go underfeated in every competition, but he does not.

Players like Essien, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Hernan Crespo and Damien Duff among others underperform every season. I do not think so much it is the players, but the ugly system Mourinho has Chelsea playing in that does not get everyone involved. If Chelsea ever gets a system worked out where players can play freely and together as a fluid team, they will be unstoppable.

For Fulham's sake and the rest of the Premiership's sake, I hope that does not happen. Also, this is proof that despite winning consecutive Premiership crowns that Mourinho is not the "Special One" as he claims to be. A special one would be able to take the talent on his team and mesh it together to bring out the best in each player and in turn the best in the entire team. That is not happening right now for Chelsea. Which is actually quite scary.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I couldn't agree more. At the WC, Essian looks like what he is -- one of the 8 or 10 best midfielders in the world. Down the road he looks kind of pedestrian.

Game -- 3 yellows in 15 minutes. God I am sick of this! :x

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The sambas are working their magic. Ghana has no idea what has hit them.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yeah; the second was a great example of the beautiful game -- and it was onside!

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

From the match-tracker I am following via soccernet.com, the commentator said it is unfair Ghana is down 2-0. He mentioned Ghana being the better team a good part of the half. Is that true?

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I am following on FSC, so hard for me to say. What say you, Don?

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

FoxSoccer.com that is...

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

getting back to my earlier comment, with about a minute or two remaining in this match, Ghana has outshot the Brazilians 21-11 despite Brazil leading 3-0.

Nine of Ghana's shots have been on goal and eight of Brazil's have been on goal. Ghana seems to be playing okay, but unable to finish anything. Good showing though despite the lopsided score.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ghana played very well, but went up against a team that has a lot more skill. It would have been interesting to see how well they would have done with Essien in the line-up.

But after the way the Ghanians beat the US and all that pitiful time-wasting like those Concaf teams do when the US is tied with them, I'm glad they're out.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Ghana was beat, in this case, by their own off-side trap.
    They should have given it up at the half, or before..and harried the Brazilian attack, instead.
    As it was, all Brazil had to do was get the jump then beat the keeper.. while the defenders were running in to try to catch up.

Brazil just goes for what will beat the given opponent, i think.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sorry to be so late, but yes, during the first half, Ghana had a lot of the ball and a lot of the ideas. The announcers kept harping on the fact that Brazil was letting Ghana take control. But Brazil was counterattacking beautifully. The second goal reminded me of the old "French Connection" up the road a piece where giving up a corner became a clever tactic to go towards goal. The way Brazil passes and improvises, there was no contest.

I don't know who ESPN callers gave the M-o-M trophy to, but in the first half I thought Kaka was awsome. Gonna be tough to beat these dudes.

14. Bocacrumbs

Bocacrumbs New Member

Re: RE: Re: Brazil V. Ghana [R]

I have to agree with you there. No hard feelings, but see ya Ghana!!!

Brazil had ups and downs the entire match but someone mentioned it previously, they counter-attacked to perfection.

Good game overall but Brazil was simply better.

15. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: Brazil V. Ghana [R]

I have just watched the goals from the Brazil game over and over and their last two goals were offsides.

FACT