Bobby Zamora or Peter Crouch

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Russell, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Russell

Russell New Member

Back in the Summer Transfer period Fulham were very interested in signing Peter Crouch. At the same time Bobby Zamora was very close to leaving Fulham for Hull. At the time I have to be honest I really wanted Fulham to get Crouch. I thought such a big man up front would give us a presence we currently did not have. Bobby Zamora last season I thought was decent but just did not score enough goals.

Well, where do we stand leading up to Boxing Day? Both Zamora and Crouch both have 8 goals in all competitions for there team this season. Statistics do not tell the whole story.

Bobby Zamora has been a force up front and now the goals are starting to come. Peter Crouch has done his job with Tottenham. In the end I think both scenarios worked out well for both teams.

For Fulham I was wrong regarding Bobby Zamora! He is doing so much up front with passing and scoring. I don't think they win these games this year without him. I can't wait until Johnson and Kamara return. I think we will be tough to beat the second half of the season.

fulhampatsfan.blogspot.com

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'm not sold that we'll be improved with AJ in the side. Hope I'm wrong, but if he continues to play as he did pre-injury, he and Bob will continue to misfire. Kamara will be a help.

But for me, the way we're playing with Demps, Duff and Gera (with the liberty Roy's given them up front to play off BZ), we're more dangerous now than we were with AJ last year.

To the original question, I'm fine with Bob. I don't know Crouch's career well enough to know if he could hold up to the pounding Bob has to endure. Could be a case of fits. Bob fits well with Roy and his system, Crouchy the same with 'Arry as he seems to have his most success playing for him.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I have always liked Crouch. I think he gets crap because he looks like a freak. Because he's tall, people assume that he's all about the headers and has a poor touch otherwise, but this is not the case. Matt's comment about horses for courses is apt.

As for Bobby Z's best running partner, I'm beginning [God help me for saying this] to think that a 4-4-1-1 with Gera is the deeper lying striker might be our strongest lineup. He has a knack for arriving late in the penalty area, and he's always been able to find space for himself in a crowd. Now that he's putting one or two away, that's a nice bonus. Finally, with Kamara not being able to spell defense and with AJ and Nevland a potential yellow card with each tackle, Gera's ability to track back and defend may make him the best.

So, health, ACON, and suspensions aside, if I had to pick a "best 11" for us it would be:

----------------- Schwarzer --------------------------
    Paintsil ----- Hughes ----- Hangeland ---- Konchesky
    Duff ------- Murphy ------ Etuhu ------ Dempsey
    -------------------- Gera -------------------------
    -------------------- Zamora ---------------------

Tell me I'm an idiot. I know you all want to!

4. Russell

Russell New Member

I don't think you are an idiot. I just happen to like Kamara up top instead of Gera. He might be lacking some on defense but I think we are pretty solid in the back. I just think Kamara and Zamora upfront could make a real good partnership.