Bob says, "Show me watcha workin' wit..."

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by WhitesBhoy, Dec 23, 2009.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Bob says, "Show me watcha workin

Interesting bunch. Good to see Eddie Gaven get rewarded for his solid play of the last season.

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Uh, is this the best the league has to offer? I rarely watch the MLS, but I don't even recognize a few of those names and the ones I do recognize don't strike me as national team talent.

And isn't Chris Pontius a dude on Jackass?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you DON'T watch the MLS, but you DO watch Jackass?

That says a lot. :3d smile:

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Used to watch Jackass actually.

The MLS is a snooze fest. I'd rather watch a league that has players speaking with accents. I have that disease you go on about.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you've obviously never heard an interview with MLS players, never mind watch much.

7. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I do watch a lot of MLS and there are some names I am glad to see on this list:

U.S. Roster:
    GOALKEEPERS (4): Kevin Hartman (Kansas City), Troy Perkins (Valerenga), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), Zach Thornton (Chivas USA)
    DEFENDERS (8): Kevin Alston (New England Revolution), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Omar Gonzalez (Los Angeles Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)
    MIDFIELDERS (12): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Örebro), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus), Eddie Gaven (Columbus Crew), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Jeff Larentowicz (New England Revolution), Dax McCarty (FC Dallas), Chris Pontius (D.C. United), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)
    FORWARDS (6): Justin Braun (Chivas USA), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids), Jeff Cunningham (FC Dallas), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake), Brandon McDonald (San Jose Earthquakes), Marcus Tracy (Aalborg)

Kevin Alston - the sooner he is blooded the better IMO. Stepped directly inot the Rev's back line and didn't seem to miss a beat. He may be the 2014 RB for the USMNT.

Omar Gonzalez - MLS rookie of the year and one of the main reasons the Galaxy stopped leaking goals this season. At 6'5 he could plug a hole in the middle of the US defense in the near future.

Chris Pontius - I am not sure about his physical tools but every time I watched him play he seemed to turn up in the right places and be cool under pressure.

Benny Feilhaber? - When I look at the rest of the list I have to wonder what Benny's name is doing on this list.

Marcus Tracy - At 23 is actually a few years older than I realized. If he is going to bloom he will have to do it quckly. It didn't take Charlie Davies long to develop out of college so perhaps Marcus can make the same leap.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Every time I saw Gonzalez, I was impressed. Not like I watch that much of the Gals, but he seems like a solid choice.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

BarryP, Benny is there because the Scandihoovians are all off season as well as the MLS.