Best thing about football season?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Jul 22, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

For me, it's reading the match day reports from the White Witch.

Many of you are new to the site and aren't aware of what wonderful reads these are. Check this out:

http://www.fulhamusa.com/modules.php?op ... =0&thold=0

and then check out our archives for earlier match day narratives.

It's officially football season! COYW!

2. Fulham_Adam

Fulham_Adam New Member

I agree, a great read. Well done White Witch. :)

The thing I like about the football season is that I can go to matches and forget about every day problems. Just a place to get away from it all and enjoy yourself.

3. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Where to start:
    1. Going to the pub with my friends and meeting new people from around the world who also love the game.
    2. The amount I learn everytime I watch
    3. The feeling that I am part of something much greater than another local sports scandal or flash-in-the-pan(Re: Michael Vick, anyone?)
    4. The friendly ribbing I get from my friends overseas
    5. Discussing the game with my students who also love EPL soccer, er...football :), yet feel out of place in our college/ professional sports dominated community
    6. Watching Fulham kick ass...aw hell, watching Fulham in general :D!

-T

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I like the numbered response layout, T.

1. Fulham
    2. Celtic
    3. Energie Cottbus
    4. Whichever club I finally decide to support in the Gambrinus Liga (Czech football league).
    5. Proudly donning the jerseys of those squads, whether to go to the grocery store or out on the home pitch as I attempt to maintain my recent 2 goal a match average ;-) .
    6. Pulling for underdogs to surface and challenge the big clubs in all the other leagues.
    7. Having a much more internationally sophisticated view than the knuckledraggers who only follow American football (although, I do love American football).
    8. As T mentioned, being able to discuss those views with people from all over the world who appreciate the beautiful game as well, preferably over a cold one.
    9. The chance I have this season, as Director of Youth Soccer for South Walton County, to perhaps influence a few young (or old) minds to start following the sport, especialy the European version, as well.

and

10. No less than two chances for Fulham to beat, thus embarrass, Chelscum and all their ridiculous fans.