Bench Baird for Derby!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by mjmwild, Oct 10, 2007.

1. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Worst player in the Prem? A little perspective, please. I'd vote for Titus Bramble in that category.

I do have an idea though. Let's get all these separate threads together into one giant thread headed "Chris Baird. Let's hang the Irish %*%(&*" and be done with it.

Moving on?

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Don, Don, Don now let's not call for the young man to be physically harmed (even in jest)...a simple tar & feathering (no feathers on his backside, we want him to get clued to the bench) will do.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Here's an idea -- let's cut off the power to his house the day of the game, his alarm clock doesn't go off, he oversleeps, wakes up in a panic at the 60th minute or so only to see that FFC has slotted 3 past Derby and Keller is working on a clean sheet. No harm, no foul, and all is right in the world.

5. Fern72

Fern72 Member

I like the way you think rcl19, no deadly force, just good old brain power.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Thanks, even a blind squirrel can find an acorn :lol:

LS, please let this happen!

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

According to the official site, Baird will most definitely be starting and I support that.

With that said, who else would you put in his place. Davies isn't a right back, Boca won't leave the CB position...Hughes?

What really frustrates me is that I work with 3 Saints fans and they all swear by the skill of Baird. Are we missing something, is his confidence just shot? Is he being too cautious...hmmmmmmmmm.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

He is the most cautious defender I ever seen. He would even give me 5 yards worth of space to run at him.

That being said, I hope that Volzy gets a start. From all reports I've read he has been training with the first team and will be match fit by the next weekend. What better opponent to throw Volzy out against? I guess Baird may be the safer option in this case, but not by much. I believe Volzy, if he doesn't start, will get at least 15 minutes on the pitch.

Come on you Whites... We Need THREE POINTS!!!

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Is that the difference in quality of play between the Champion's League and the Prem? I hope he can turn it around, he's already bought and paid for, but somehting needs to change in his aproach.

10. BC

BC New Member

While I understand sticking with a player to give him a chance to come into his game, and not benching him after one or two bad games, I think Baird's time has come. He needs to be benched a game or two, put Volzy or Hughes in his place and see what happens. This reminds me of the situation with the Bears quarterbacks. Lovie stuck with Grossman as long as he could but the continuous sub par performances finally earned Grossman a spot on the bench. C'mon Lawrie, put the best 11 out on the pitch!

11. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

He's played every game and sucked in most of them, you don't get unlimited time in this league. If Volzy can go Baird needs the game off in my opinion. I'm fully behind the bench Baird movement. Give him another go in about two months.

12. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

In all fairness...

I was at the match against Derby. Awful, but Baird did play very well - the first time I've seen him do so this year. Let's hope this is a start of things to COYW!