Baird

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by mjmwild, Sep 27, 2007.

1. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

I didn't catch the match last night, but rumor has it Baird was once again in poor form.

I'm a defenseman myself and attended the Man City match. After he personally gave up the first City goal, I watched him intently and noticed he just lays back too much.

I do understand he tries (as some have argued on this board) but enough is enough - we're conceding way too many goals and Konchesky is having to cover for him now.

Time to cut Baird loose!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Baird...Volzy Hurt

Read that our favorite German is hurt (newsnow link) and probably the reason why Baird got the start on Wed. As much as we all (a few exceptions of course) want to throw Baird under the bus, there isn't a whole lot of other options (the only one I would possibly consider is moving Hughes to the outside and bring Stefan in). Let's cross our fingers that Baird plays his best game and Davies' mindset is to come back deep and provide as much cover as possible.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: Baird...Volzy Hurt

LS loves Baird. I'm not going to say whether he's right or wrong, but it seems like it's not a matter of LS settling on Baird because he doesn't have choices. I think LS thinks Baird is a good player. I'm guessing that he is not missing the mistakes that Fulham fans are noticing, but that he thinks Baird will adjust and be worth it in the end. I hope he's right.

4. BC

BC New Member

Me too. LS has been right on several of the new signings so I'll give him a bit longer for Baird. I hope we pick up a good right back in the transfer window, however.

5. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

He is a decent player, but back pedals way too much and gets turned around. He had a little better game against Chelsea, but I still noticed him getting beat a little too much. Of course this Chelsea side wasn't loaded with pace. It just worries me that the best thing he does is throw the ball in.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

he was a ton better against Chelsea. Still gets beat 1v1 almost everytime, but did a better job of stepping up and intercepting balls to players on the left wing. he needs to puch up more so he can have the opportunity to do that more often and also so that left winger doens't receive the ball and have time to run at him.

7. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

He got some great reviews in the press and was in Garth Crooks team of the week on the BBC website. I hope he continues to improve to the play LS thinks he is.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Baird is a liability this week if he starts against a team that put in 7 goals last week. Seven was a fluke, but if they get him twisting in the wind again, 2-3 is a safe bet. Sorry to say for FFC, I have them losing this week at home, I'm ready to be shown how wrong I am (particularly by Baird)

9. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

10. krhimself

krhimself New Member

I would put in an honorable mention for Titus Bramble, but even he has created a smaller mess for himself than Baird up to this point. I can hardly argue against the claim, even though the arguments are pretty vague.

Chris Baird is the new Zat Knight.